A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

No Starcraft II love?

I mean, I know I can't expect any from our most prominent Korean... but regardless, I'd think someone would be talking about it. I picked it up yesterday and have been mostly screwing around in the campaign (that's just how I roll) and I've got to say, it's definitely an evolution from the usual. I mean, it starts out kind of bland (they all do)... but by ten or so missions in, I'd seen some pretty sweet shit. I mean, one mission is like some kind of zombie invasion... in another you get some kind of uber-delicious laser cannon that can rape anything anywhere as long as you can see it. Pretty ridiculous stuff.

It's just been "in production" so long...i really stopped caring about any kind of news about it. Any "HYPE" factor was lost eons ago, so at this point its just "ill play it when i play it". Personally, i never played any kind of starcraft network play (save for a few times where i got my crap handed to me) so im not too hype for it anyway.

I know that its Starcraft, so every review website is just going to ride its penis for the next few weeks. I'll just wait until i play it though. I AM interested in the changes, though if there are any. But i'd really buy the game even if it was just a 3D high-def remake of the originals. (which is rare for me. But starcraft had an interesting enough plot and stuff, so yeah.)

For some StarCraft II love, You must construct additional pylons.

Pylons meme aside, I hear SCII is pretty awesome. I'll have to try it out sometime, even though I'm not much of a strategy person. I have the first game (alongside WarCraft II and Diablo II, all GoTY editions), but I've never touched it.

It's just been "in production" so long...i really stopped caring about any kind of news about it. Any "HYPE" factor was lost eons ago, so at this point its just "ill play it when i play it". Personally, i never played any kind of starcraft network play (save for a few times where i got my crap handed to me) so im not too hype for it anyway.

I know that its Starcraft, so every review website is just going to ride its penis for the next few weeks. I'll just wait until i play it though. I AM interested in the changes, though if there are any. But i'd really buy the game even if it was just a 3D high-def remake of the originals. (which is rare for me. But starcraft had an interesting enough plot and stuff, so yeah.)

They announced it like a couple years ago and only marginally talked about it during that time. That's nothing compared to the Smash Brothers Brawl hype. I mean sure, there were betas... but it's not like you had to go around leaching up information if you didn't want to. It's not like it was a scourge throughout the entire internets.

But really, it's not like Blizzard releases anything in the real time strategy genre that fails to live up to its predecessor ever. Acting as though people ride its dick just because of what it is isn't really very fair.

I can't get into RTSes, so I'm not gonna bother with Starcraft 2. I WOULD like to bitch, though about the wow mini-pet you can from the Starcraft 2 collectors edition. They made it so the pet is account bound with Starcraft 2, which sucks because I know a couple people who would be willing to give me theirs if they could >:o

well I've had it since day 1, and I FUCKING LOVE IT. The campaign was masterfully crafted, each map so far has been refreshing and total blast to play. I particularly loved the

zombie mission and the lava rising mission

It seems that blizz really did live up to the we don't release it till it's perfect in our eyes job they always do when they make a new game. I'll be playing this game for years to come that's for damn sure.

If anyone would like to swap real ID's my e-mail is [email protected]

They announced it like a couple years ago and only marginally talked about it during that time. That's nothing compared to the Smash Brothers Brawl hype. I mean sure, there were betas... but it's not like you had to go around leaching up information if you didn't want to. It's not like it was a scourge throughout the entire internets.

But really, it's not like Blizzard releases anything in the real time strategy genre that fails to live up to its predecessor ever. Acting as though people ride its dick just because of what it is isn't really very fair.

guess you're right. Thing is, i just remember hearing Starcraft II so long ago that now that it's finally here, im just like "oh really". Yeah, smash did the same thing, as well as most zelda and final fantasy games.

but yeah, i AM going to get it. I dont remember much about the original starcraft games, except that they were loads upon loads of fun, for both the level editors and the campaigns.

16 missions into the campaign, just knocked out the rest of the Zeratul missions. I'm loving the game, it's got a great UI, very easy to find what you need. The custom maps people are already coming up with are pretty damn awesome, I tried the new DOTA clone for SC2 and it's on its way to being really fun once some of the kinks are worked out.

• 2 years later...

So, I may be totally necro-ing this thread, but whatever.

So a few weeks ago, I decided, "What the hell?" and decided to buy a combo pack of Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm. I haven't bought a computer game in YEARS....but I'm very glad I did. Does anyone play this game still? Or better yet, have you bought the expansion??

Let's play some motherfuckin' SC.

Friend ID is [email protected]

Yeah. Computer can't run the game. I'll catch up in a few years. Preferably when the inevitable Battle Chest is out.

Apologies for disgracing myself as a Korean.

...my computer can run it now and I'vea had it installed for about a month now.