A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Street Fighter x Tekken

Serephim

Well this is the first of many things for capcom. Now that they have tons of high def badass models of their fighters, they will start throwing them in crossovers and all kinds of good shit. The fighting game renaissance is fully in motion.

As for this, there will be 2 versions, one made by namco, and one made by capcom. I will probably play the capcom one, I have no interest in teh tekken engine though

No interest in the one on the Tekken engine.

Also disappointed it isn't a Namco VS Capcom and this instead...also disappointed it isn't a Darkstalkers game like people were hoping haha. I could see this a mile away though cause of what happened at EVO.

Yeah, and the crossover era begins.

I guess they're going all out crazy since they aren't using 2D sprites anymore, which im sure is making this tons easier to do. Could have definitely chosen something better than Tekken, IMO.

And why is Namco even doing their own version? They aren't Capcom, and nobody is going to think they are.

lol yea, of all the series crossovers, this is probably the least demanded one, as far as the street fighter crowd is concerned. I'm sure those that actually play tekken would think the other way around.

I'm just glad to see the 3d fighting game boat to be picking up speed rather than sputtering out. Hopefully we'll see some far more demanded cross overs. Maybe even a Capcom vs. SNK 3 or something.

SF vs Tekken is a bit lame tbh. Honestly, I'd like to see SF vs Mortal Kombat, simply cause those were "the" two big competing fighting games way back in the day, it's destiny that they do battle. Tekken, along with DoA, didn't have the epicness that SF had with it's attack. They both went for the "more realistic combat," which tbh, if I wanted that I'd go for a Bruce Lee movie or something. When I play a game, I want to do something outrageous, like shoot fireballs or electrocute bitches.

SF vs Soul Calibur would of also been highly acceptable (all they'd have to do is make the SF characters faster with the SC characters doing more damage to compensate for the lack of a blade).

Hell, wtf ever happened to Battle Arena Toshinden? That'd of been a great match! Perhaps even REALLY go all out and try a Capcom vs Konami? Contra, Castlevania, Badlands, Shao-lin's Road, Dark Adventure, Mystic Warriors, Metal Gear etc. They'd have a massive amount of content to draw from.

Or even a Capcom vs Toei! Kenshiro from Fist of The North Star would be the most epic fighting game character of all time (he's been in a few arcade games though)! Then there's all the other anime series Toei has done, everything from DBZ to One Piece. It'd be outrageous! There's tons of better choices than Tekken, I dunno why they picked such a let down franchise for their next vs game. =(

As for those saying Capcom vs Namco, probably won't happen because there was already

that came out only in Japan, which, while not exactly a fighting game, was fucking awesome!

A bit lame? Incredibly lame.

Tekken is a fighter based on popping people up and juggling the crap outta them. Street Fighter is a fighter based on using projectiles and acrobatic moves to move your opponent around the arena into vulnerable positions. The only characters with projectile moves in Tekken are the broken ones.

Besides, how would they even correctly translate Tekken fighters into a SF format without ruining their identity? I don't want King to play like Zangief. Not at all. Ironically, TekkenXSF might be better than SFXTekken.

Just a note: I play both games competitively, so this is actually unbiased. How about that?

And on a side note, DoA isn't really all that realistic in my opinion. I could easily see a few characters throwing projectiles and doing crazier things than they are already doing. I mean...jumping off of mountains and crashing through neon signs? Hardly realistic if you ask me! SF vs DoA could definitely work.

And on a side note, DoA isn't really all that realistic in my opinion. I could easily see a few characters throwing projectiles and doing crazier things than they are already doing. I mean...jumping off of mountains and crashing through neon signs? Hardly realistic if you ask me! SF vs DoA could definitely work.

Dead or Alive vs. Street Fighter would be pretty neat, actually, moreso than Tekken.

Dead or Alive, aside from Team Ninja's horrible obsession with braless DD's, is a very neat game to me. I very much enjoyed the whole Counter aspect of the game, which really sets it apart from other fighters in terms of how the battle flows -- it makes them actually feel alot more realistic.

And whoever mentioned Battle Arena Toshinden sent me back a few years, seriously. (Chainsaw-Wielding guy named David loolol)

I'm just glad to see the 3d fighting game boat to be picking up speed rather than sputtering out. Hopefully we'll see some far more demanded cross overs. Maybe even a Capcom vs. SNK 3 or something

I am too, but i would really perfer some new IPs instead of these crossovers, or maybe even existing IPs to make new games themselves to progress them. Blazblue feels like the only recent IP thats worth anything, imo, and i actually like its playstyle more than Street Fighter. (Blazblue = combo based, wayy faster gameplay. Street Fighter seems to be alot more defensive in gameplay.)

DoA is probably the most unrealistic fighting game I've played that doesn't involve deliberately impossible movesets (people can't jump off of thin air chun-li wtf). It would make sense for people like Leon taking on people like Ryu. However, I can't see any non-mishima character taking on any SF character at all. Not without changing their characters to a point where they are no longer really the same person. Can anyone really see Eddy being in the game without him playing suspiciously like Elena? I can't.

the DOA people get thrown through windows, teleport, hit by cars, attacked by dinosaurs, ect ect and get up like nothing happened.

Im sure with a little alteration and the ninja actually not holding back, they could take on the SF people. I mean come on now, you've played Ninja Gaiden, there isnt a single character on DOA who comes close to taking on Ayame or definately not Hayabusa.

I wonder how badly Paul is going to be nerfed on capcoms side, and how badly nerfed Ken will be on namco's side.

I can only imagine the awkwardness between shoryukens and fireballs in the games too haha!

that being said I am going to with-hold my presumptions of the Namco side, and <3 at the fact there are assists in Capcoms side. It feels like it's going to be a slew of fun if it does it right, hopefully this will make up for an absence of CVS3

also disappointed it isn't a Darkstalkers game like people were hoping haha.

Don't remind me. I was hoping for at least Namco VS Capcom (but then again, they'd only put Morriggan and Felicia from the Darkstalkers cast...).

SF vs Tekken is a bit lame tbh. Honestly, I'd like to see SF vs Mortal Kombat, simply cause those were "the" two big competing fighting games way back in the day, it's destiny that they do battle. Tekken, along with DoA, didn't have the epicness that SF had with it's attack. They both went for the "more realistic combat," which tbh, if I wanted that I'd go for a Bruce Lee movie or something. When I play a game, I want to do something outrageous, like shoot fireballs or electrocute bitches.

SF vs Soul Calibur would of also been highly acceptable (all they'd have to do is make the SF characters faster with the SC characters doing more damage to compensate for the lack of a blade).

Hell, wtf ever happened to Battle Arena Toshinden? That'd of been a great match! Perhaps even REALLY go all out and try a Capcom vs Konami? Contra, Castlevania, Badlands, Shao-lin's Road, Dark Adventure, Mystic Warriors, Metal Gear etc. They'd have a massive amount of content to draw from.

Or even a Capcom vs Toei! Kenshiro from Fist of The North Star would be the most epic fighting game character of all time (he's been in a few arcade games though)! Then there's all the other anime series Toei has done, everything from DBZ to One Piece. It'd be outrageous! There's tons of better choices than Tekken, I dunno why they picked such a let down franchise for their next vs game. =(

As for those saying Capcom vs Namco, probably won't happen because there was already Namco X Capcom that came out only in Japan, which, while not exactly a fighting game, was fucking awesome!

Damn, dude, you covered everything I would have said, or would have wanted to say but would probably forget.