A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Alien Swarm, get wrecked!

So today valve released alien swarm for free on steam. This game is fucking awesome. It's a top down 4 player co-op shooter, and it gets hard pretty quickly.

I don't know if the game is going to be free all the time so I suggest snagging it now while you still can for free.

EDIT: So I've just about beat the campaign with a few friends, this game is pretty tough. My only problems with it so far is how ridiculous the camera shaking can get when you are hit or in some sort of crossfire, it's completely disorienting and detracts from the fun factor.

There's an XP gain system in place that rewards you unlocks as you play, which keeps things fresh. I can see this game quickly becoming a ritual of friends, beating the same level a few times to beat their previous scores or something. I certainly didn't have a problem replaying the first 3 levels 6 times.

So far I have no complains about this game except for the camera mentioned above but even that is very tolerable. Everyone should pick up this game quick because I have a feeling that they are going to start charging for it.

Personally, fps are more my type of games, but this is still a very fun game with good visuals that is FREE.

Edit: Btw my steam Id is: Scarletdark101

I was playing the campaign today and in the second level there was an incredibly epic segment. My companions and I were on some sort of elevator when swarms of aliens came rushing from the walls and then epic music played and THEN slow mo alien killing.

This game made my day.

This game is pretty fantastic. playing with 4 buddies is fantastic, and coordinating actual movement with the map is nothing short of helpful

however, there can be issues with the framerate on older computers and some glitches over time..

qwzyu8.jpg

— Me + Officer being stuck in a piece of map not solidified. we had to actually give our only team-mate weapons to use since he ran out of ammo frequently.

good times!