A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Gijinka (AKA Project G)

Muuuuchhh better. Sonic's still a colossus, but its manageable now. Doesn't that look better to you as well?

Well indeed looks better yes, is still big but now the range of vision to the left and right is much bigger now, now i have to do Spinner badnick sprites and fix the results screen and the help icons and it will be finished

Look guys, im sorry but is the way the engine has his resolution, is the only thing i didnt change it because i play it without a problem, and you dont have to be guessing, you have the enough time to see the enemies and spikes coming, so i dont see the problem, but i dont force anybody to play it, i post it here because i wanted to share what im working on, i aware of the errors and flaws, and i want to fix'em as i know you guys could do if you where working on it, but if i start to fix'em right now i probably not make it for the SAGE, so i see if i can quick fix that little "problem" you guys has with the huge sprites, btw is meant to be like that because i was working on it BEFORE Sonic 4 annoucement, so im not trying to emulate the Sonic 4 style or gameplay, i just wanted to do a more elaborated art for a different game.

The fact that you are able to play at that resolution doesn't necessarily mean that's because it's ok. First, you are responsible for the layout that exists, so you intuitively know what is coming where, probably without even needing to be cognizant of it. More to the point though, if you can react simply because you have the time to do so, that probably means your game is fundamentally slower that what you'd typically expect out of a Sonic game. Not necessarily the end of the world obviously, but it is if what you are going for is more or less a traditional Sonic game with a unique presentation twist.

New size is quite a bit more effectual by the by.

Well im here with some updates, the demo for SAGE is almost done, i fixed some issues here and there, some others were hard to fix so instead of mess with it, i just let them be but they are not that bad, but i will fix them in the final.

Some new screens here, also this screens are going to go to the SAGE booth as well as the rest.

Here is the fixed Help Icons, now they are finished and they show properly the text.

34zdshj.jpg

2jxemc.jpg

a5f1pw.jpg

Interesting look. Glad you gave the screen some more breathing room

Thanks there, yeah after working a little more with, and mess with the View resolution, i thought it was time to fix that problem, i mean at first i didnt notice it but when you look back and see the after resized pics, and the before ones, is better the way is know than after, and i don't know what i was thinking back then keeping that resolution, but still has some flaws here and there, but i will try to get those fixed for the final one.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here im with a pic of the concept for the intro cutscene of the game, this and the ending cutscene are gonna to be like the cutscenes in Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles ones, so this is just for understand how sonic and the other characters reacts in the differents parts of it, and there are gonna to be only 2, intro and ending cutscene, because i think inter-cutscenes are kinda unnesesary for the flow of the game.

2yovk0x.png

As you can see sonic is relaxing with all his flicky friends, and then suddenly another group of flickies comes running like something or someone bad is chasing them, Sonic kinda confused of whats going on ask to one of the flickies of what's happening and he points to where they are running from, sonic still confused of whats happening doesnt know that this fat man with robots is terrorizing all green hill, when sonic sees this man knows that he isnt for no good.

I dont wanna to spoil all the cutscene here so i leave it there until i have that coded, and no isnt gonna to be voice acted if it is a genesis stlyed cutscene with SFX and music is enough i think, and for the record all that i explained is just a way to put the picture into words, actually isn't going to be that complicated to undestand or cheesy.

Very well made concept here. Kinda reminded me Rocket Knight 2010's intro scene.

Keep up with it.

thanks there, it wasnt hard to figure out because i dont want something cheesy or complicated, is just Sonic going after Robotnik and trying to stop his evil ways, same as always was.

@sparks: well it looks like an intesting idea as it is, but remember that keeps with the original concepts that sonic had once but yet scrapped later on, but it could be funny to see a Walrus eggman XDDD

• 2 weeks later...

a little of bump here.

i was practicing a little with flash to do the intro video for the game, not that is sketched up there, is kinda an video intro like the Sonic CD one mixing a little the style of Sonic Ova

Here is a test animation of sonic running on Splash Hill:

http://gblastman.deviantart.com/art/Run-Sonic-Run-164088200?q=gallery%3AGBlastMan%2F20830948&qo=20

and here the first animation of sonic running on Angel Island:

http://gblastman.deviantart.com/art/Human-Sonic-Animation-142555033?q=gallery%3AGBlastMan%2F20830948&qo=45

also im using more the second style of animation in the first link since it looks more clean and more easy to do than frame by frame, for now is all tests so i expect to improve this animations with the time.