A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

BEHOLD! A gemstone lighting set.

Asuma

Here's a little gemstone piece I did for my portfolio class. It took about two days to render (as an animation).

gems0000000.png

Added a glow effect.

gems0000000_G.png

Currently rendering an animation video.

Done in 3ds Max

Can't say much on the technical aspects of it, but it has a certain nostalgic feel to it. Kinda like when I'd play with some 3D clip art program I had when I was younger. Or messed around with architecture programs and walked around my virtual house. That kinda thing.

Thats what it was at first, but I had to to a semi circle due to time constraints. We had to share the room with the AutoCad students and the teacher gets pissy if why to do a render. Had to it on a weekend, took two days. If I had did a full circle, it would have overlapped in a another class's session. That render of a full circle would have took about 4 days.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you use a circle as a fixture for your camera so that you can do smoother pans. That way, instead of moving the camera to a number of places with your key frames, you simple rotate the circle 160 degrees or so and the camera's base will move to fit. Linking is a pretty useful tool in 3ds max.