A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Backwards Thread

Yeah, the Wii version is $110, but it comes with the Power Flute controller, which is totally worth it. Playing as Shia with a regular gamepad doesn't even compare.

Damn it. I really want to play this, but there's no way I can afford to spend that much on one game. Guess I'll have to wait til I can pick it up used.

(BTW ila, thanks for the warning. I have a friend who did the same thing, and it totally red-ringed his Xbox).

Well, Sega approached me a couple of years ago. It only took a couple of months to get the contract down, but after that recording was such fairly simple. I only got some beta clips of the Ancient Rome level, so that's why the music doesn't fit the mood.

I disagree, I think the music is outstanding! I still can't believe you could hold out on us all this time...well, I know there must have been a C&D order, but next time, you can always drop a few hints. :awink:

Is it true about the Wii version being assloads more expensive than the 360 one? I mean, I've heard the game is almost like the second coming of Jesus, but, $110 for a video game?

Yeah, the Wii version is $110, but it comes with the Power Flute controller, which is totally worth it. Playing as Shia with a regular gamepad doesn't even compare.

Some people go out and spend $200 or whatever on that Rock Band kit. But that only buys them friendship and togetherness. This game is like the first bite of a warm apple pie right out of the oven. It's like the smell of grass right after it's been cut. It's like when the only woman you'll ever love puts her lips on your junk and starts chugging your dick.

Whatever it is exactly, and words fail to describe it, it is fulfillment of humanity. You'll play it, go to this topic, and laugh, because you've already found the meaning.

Well, Sega approached me a couple of years ago. It only took a couple of months to get the contract down, but after that recording was such fairly simple. I only got some beta clips of the Ancient Rome level, so that's why the music doesn't fit the mood.

You probably just haven't gotten very far. Once you get to the fifty-six thousand hour mark, it gets pretty deep actually. There are a few noticeable humps in the level design towards the middle, but it eventually smooths out when they stop spontaneously switching your party up on you.

As long as you know the elements of the enemies beforehand though, they shouldn't be too hard to take down. Shia, Smack Furryon and Manta Rei are versatile, and I find they're good to keep at a good level throughout the game. Just make sure you're prepared if you have to use Astro though; he gets good equipment down the line but towards the beginning he's severely lacking in the magic department. All of his Techniques are low to mid tier at best.

By the way, I'm surprised that this topic only has 3 posts so far.

I'm almost there, I've almost finished the game, it's taken me forever, but at long last, I'm almost done!

Wow! O_O This topic has been going for so long, I dare the next poster to make a hilarious joke about the number of posts in this never-ending topic!

I plan on hooking up my George Forman grill to my 360. I heard that it buffs Shia's power up quite a bit with the power of lean mean grilled meat. Can anyone confirm this?

You idiot. Don't do that. Believe me. I saw some kid at GameStop buying a new 360 since he totally red ringed his when he tried that shit. Don't believe the rumors, its just something started by Nintendo's PR department.

Hunter you whore. How the heck do you write music for a AAA game and hold out on us? Was it hard job? I mean, it sounds really sick, but it doesn't completely match the setting. Like, it could be sadder. More like a pagan sex club. In Rome.

By the way, I'm surprised that this topic only has 2 pages so far.
By the way, I'm surprised that this topic only has 4 members posting so far.
By the way, I'm surprised that this topic only has 1 person who completed the game so far.

Is this some kind of new Internet meme? I don't get it.

• 5 weeks later...

Well it was only a matter of time before someone made a thread about this game and I figure I'll start.

Wow I cannot believe how much attention Shia 3 has received by the media.

I remember a couple of years ago when we all thought SEGA was screwed after that horrible Sonic 5 game. Then they make one of the greatest video game franchises of all time.

Shia the buffalo.

With the third installment out I figured we'd share our opinions on the game.

My opinion so far:

Holy freakin crap this game is epic.

The chainsaws are just as epic as they were in the first two games.

Astro is playable this time and he kicks ass.

Basically the game multiplies the fun and badass of the first two games and shoves it into one game: Shia 3. The only complaint I have is that some of the bosses are just down right ridiculous (when I say some, I mean ALL the superfreakin exaggeratingly large bosses).

But thats me, what about you guys?

The End..........or beginning....or whatever.