A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Waffle X: Episode One.

Steven M

Wow, that was great. It was a little weird, because I use to read his comics, and I already had "mental voices" of what Luckett/Havaar and WaffleX should sound like...and they didn't sync up. :(

Luckily, he's as funny as ever, and his drawings have improved a lot.

Mmm...I wanted to like this, I really did. There's little to fault where the graphics and animation are concerned - they have a very pleasing cartoon style about them. Plus, I've always liked the whole concept of a sentinent waffle. The voice work was reasonably good too - Bob Havaar sounded pretty much like I expected him to, and the lines are delivered with appropriate

enthusiasm/sarcasm.

However, it's unfortunate that most of the humour is as overdone as Waffle-X was in the toaster. A couple of bits made me laugh (the monocle magpie, again. Nice and subtle), but the vast majority of it was too overblown to be funny, IMO. Lines like - 'Fridge, reveal your frozen treats!' (or something like that) and other such absurd 'waffle' (har har) is the kind of lazy humour that's been done too much on the Internet. I just don't dind it funny anymore.

*runs from impending lynch mob*