A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Portal: The best free puzzle game?

Yes, I know. But I bought this computer in August 2005...I know it might be old, but it shouldn't be fuckin' obsolete in less than 5 years.

I was also hoping it was one of those bullshit minimum requirements. But, no, fuck universal apps...

Unfortunately bro most computers do go obsolete in about 5 years if not sooner. I personally think that it's pretty gay that computer parts become obsolete so quickly also.

Unfortunately bro most computers do go obsolete in about 5 years if not sooner. I personally think that it's pretty gay that computer parts become obsolete so quickly also.

5 years? From where I'm standing it's more like 1-2. At least that's about the amount of time it will take for your computer to lose about 50% of its value.

Yes, I know. But I bought this computer in August 2005...I know it might be old, but it shouldn't be fuckin' obsolete in less than 5 years.

If you bought a Mac 5 years ago then you definitely weren't expecting it to run Steam in the first place.

Andrew, you fly off the collar really fast.

Why would you hate the sentry guns? They are adorable. In fact, they are so lovable that it almost makes me feel guilty throwing them into the Aperture Science Emancipation Grids.

well luckily at the point video cards are at, it's starting to really slow down. Your card can only be so ridiculous. It seems at this point it's just bells and whistles and little speed boosts with each revision.

The first DX11 cards came out over the past year, and the difference between a Radeon 5870 and whatever was the top of the line 3 years ago is pretty ridiculous. It hasn't really slowed down at all, it's just that we've started hitting a rough cost/benefit curve for polygon pushing and shaders haven't done too much to wow people lately aside from a couple pretty cartoon effects. I'd say programming needs to catch up with the technology more than anything right now, but it's going to keep chugging right along.