A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This Video/Song Is Pure Genius!

Icecreamkid

I'm sorry, but if you base your opinion of a song on its "beat" you aren't listening to the song. While it is important its not the only thing. You may as well just listen to beats instead of actual songs. All parts of a song are equally important and should be treated as such.

This was posted here a while ago, but yeah- youtube thread.

I'm sorry, but if you base your opinion of a song on its "beat" you aren't listening to the song. While it is important its not the only thing. You may as well just listen to beats instead of actual songs. All parts of a song are equally important and should be treated as such.

Some songs sound better with no lyrics and any song could have lyrics that make absolutely no sense, just as long as it follows the beat and sounds nice.

Good lyrics (In as what they mean) is an added bonus for me, not necessary.

Beats and lyrics are not the only things that make a song good. Tons of classical pieces have no lyrics, but are not good just because of a beat. If people literally just like the beat of a song, then it could be random notes played at that beat with someone repeating nonsense words. If thats what you mean then you can say that, but I cringe every time someone only mentions a song's beat. Melody, harmony, dynamics, rhythm, tone quality, etc. All of these things make a song good. If a song has lyrics, I would prefer them be something good. If lyrics didn't matter, you wouldn't mind if you went to a concert for your favorite band and they said random words instead of their lyrics.

tl;dr beats aren't the only thing that makes a song good. There are a ton of things.

At this point your basically arguing with me for the sake of arguing. Lyrics aren't the point of what I'm saying. Also, if I liked a song in a foreign language and found out the lyrics meant something stupid, I would not like the song as much. Lyrics are poetry and I would rather people use good poems as lyrics for their songs. Is that so wrong?

Either way, you're ignoring my point entirely.

EDIT: Since everyone somehow missed this, a good beat is important in a song. I don't deny that, but other things are needed to make a song good, otherwise you just have a drum solo. I never said anything about lyrics in my original post. You guys inserted that.