A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and Sega Allstars racing

shadowgoten

So I'm in the process of acquiring the pc version of this game. I've actually heard that the game is a very very solid kart racer, so this should be a fun time I believe. Especially with all the sega flavor injected into it. I'll have some opinions of this game after I get out of class. I've read that there's online multiplayer for the pc version so if it's easy to get into we should have a bunch of sfghq'ers getting in on the fun.

Has anyone else snagged a copy yet?

played the game for almost an hour now, not gonna give full impressions yet. But damn, I love it so far. You can tell sega actually enjoyed making this one, I kinda wish they put forth this kind of effort to sonic's games.

Me being a fan of Kart racing games, I am having a blast, just unlocked Rio Hayazuki, and am forklifting bitches off the road! I'm very unimpressed with sumo's decision to remove multiplayer from the pc version : \

SUPER EDIT: Oh forgot to mention the soundtrack kicks ass, mix of some new shit along with a few remixes, and old school sonic/sega tracks, I'm LOVING it

'Acquired' the PC version to tide me over while my PS3 copy is in the post.

Only gripe is the 'All Star' powerup which is really just a temp speed boost no matter what the character, oh yeh also Sonic in a car lol.

Agreed though track design is great, music is awesome. Luckily my PC can run it on full, I've heard of slowdowns in reviews but never got any so far. Online play is gonna be sweet (shame not on PC, yet), maybe a possibility of some tourneys sometime?

Obvious Mario Kart ripoff, but certainly is done well. Now get these guys working on the next 3D Sonic game (you know there'll be one)!

Even though the game comes out in this country today (same day as my birthday, yippee!), my pre-order arrived yesterday, so I've spent time playing this last night and this morning on PS3. Firstly it's amazing I'm actually using my PS3 for something other than watching blu ray movies (what I bought the machine for, mainly) and music videos with Vidzone.

Secondly, I'm surprised how well this game turned out as Mario Kart clones are usually a bit rubbish. Sometimes I find myself doing an awful lot of drifting to earn boosts, but otherwise I don't think I even have any major criticisms of the game so far, it's bright, colourful and full of SEGA memories.

• 2 weeks later...