A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Problems with SW Engine

The title card should come up. We've seen some general compatability issues in the past though with people using older versions of MMF2 for... whatever reasons I'm not going to elaborate on.

As for how you get rid of the fps counter, you could always delete the associated object. Alternatively, you could check out the event editor. There should be a whole heading of fps-counter related events.

Sound effects are called from various events in the event editor, so it's mostly a matter of swapping them individually in the events. There might be a way to swap a sound effect entirely using some kind of resource manager, but I wouldn't know. I always changed my sound effects in the event editor. Last I checked we never bothered trying to group all of the sounds into subroutines or anything overly sophisticated like that.

So yeah, you'll be wanting to spend a lot of time screwing around in the event editor.

There is a way to do what DW mentioned by simply pulling up the Data Elements window in the toolbar. There, you can replace, rename, and set the cache settings for each sample included in your application.

Also, you might want to check the global values and see if GameMode is set to 999. If it is, set it back to 0, as it being at 999 is a debug for disabling the title card.

• 2 weeks later...