A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic One-Shot as finished as it will ever be

So, yea, like I promised....... I finished the game sort of, atleast it has an ending. I know everyone who remotely liked the game will hate me for what I did to call this game finished. But .... what ever you can see for yourself, I hope you saved your save files.

Any way, I dont have the link but you can download it at the Summer of Sonic site. I am happy that I got it done in time for that. So yea,..... sorry............

Anyway, I cant post on this new forum because it takes so long to load for me that its just not worth it. So, you dont have to bother posting your hate remarks for the lamed up ending but hey, you get what you paid for.

Hello;

I played the game however I had some serious FPS trouble. I'm not sure if it's a Gamemaker thing as I sometimes have trouble with it. But the game runs very slowly for me at times. It gets a little better with time but that's also me getting a little more used to it.

Also, it looks like you've got enough stuff in place to finish it. All you need to do is throw in another level or two and think up some boss fights. I'd very much like to see it finished.

Giving up early on I could understand, but it looks to me like you've got most of the game thought out, and the means to imagine it in your game. I know there's always the "developers block" but I see no reason why it would be hard to overcome in this case.

I think it would have been cooler if you gave the Sonic you play as armour though, maybe differently coloured from the alternate Sonic. The Advance sprites are overused but I liked the Sonic/Emerl fusion a lot.

Also, Sonic needs to be a lot faster. I know this isn't a traditional Sonic game, but there's no point having Sonic in it unless he at least has speed(and maybe some kind of spin move too?).

Meh, to all his/her own.

Anyway, about the game not being finished, its because I got a job and dont have as much time as I did when I started. Now guess, what.... I havent been online for about 2 weeks because my hard drive crashed and I lost all my info. So now even if I wanted to, I couldnt complete my game. Oh well, I am happy that in my book, finished it. By the way, thats not how the last boss was suppose to look, I just did that because the summer of Sonic was in one day and I threw that in a pot of rushed stew.

So yea, from the old genesis/comic version of Sonic One-Shot, to the new Advance version....... this game has taken me 3 years(Counting the old one) and now its over.

So thanks for all you playing.

Nah, I'm sorry but I just felt the ending was a huge letdown.

I haven't played this game before, so I had no clue about it, but I had read previously that it was nearly complete. But this didn't feel complete at all. Ending just felt very rushed.

I like the concept, and I liked the gameplay, I just didn't like the ending.

Yea, I know, I wish I could have finished it more now that I think about it. Too bad I have nothing left but a very early version of it left and I am in no way restarting now. I had parts of the airplane stage done where you go fight Knuckles but didnt want to include it because of space issues. I got dial up.

Also, its cool if this has been your first time, the other versions were basically the same but it was just like different movies , enemies and stage set up.

Anyway, I am glad you liked it up until the end.