A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

Despite the awkward explanation of the new story ( or lack thereof, which is good ), it seems that they're finally getting a part of the message.

Let's just hope they did something about that train track level.

Didn't they take it out of the console version and made it iPhone/iPod touch exclusive?

I wonder if somewhere down the line, the leaked version will be known as the "Sonic 4 beta" and it will be researched as in-depth as the Sonic 2 beta by a younger generation...

Except with how things are, there will be nothing of worth to be found out.

How the hell would you rip sprites from a title going on XBLA, PSN, WiiWare, AND the iOS App Store?

The only thing you could really examine would be the gameplay, the design, and the music. Not to mention the premise of the story and whatnot... But as in depth as Sonic 2? Hell. No. It's not going to happen.

I wonder if somewhere down the line, the leaked version will be known as the "Sonic 4 beta" and it will be researched as in-depth as the Sonic 2 beta by a younger generation...

Sonic 4 could find whole hidden levels in its data and i doubt anyone would give a damn. Well, except maybe complain about how they should have been included in the original release. We all wish Sonic 2's levels were included in the game, but for completely different reasons.

the more likely thing is you can unlock the classic Sonic look after playing the game or something.
I highly doubt it.

As some dude said in a magazine interview I don't quite remember the source of, this is a sequel, not a remake, and design changes since 1998 will be kept intact.

And seeing as how Sonic's design doesn't affect the gameplay or quality of the game at all, I really don't see the point.

But he was still kinda chunky in 1999. :P
I believe "since 1998" means changes from 1998 to the present :P Also, I believe it was a Nintendo Power interview I'm thinking of, but my memory ain't the greatest. I might have found it in this thread for all I know.

• 1 month later...