A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Street Fighter IV

Ligar

Haven't made a thread in forever. Well, Capcom is at it again folks in making their trilogies in the Street Fighter Series and the second installment is appropriately named SUPER Street Fighter IV. In the beginning, rumors were that there were going to be 10 characters in this new installment. (8 returning and 2 new.) The character list is ordered as follows so far:

1.T. Hawk

2.Dee Jay

3.Juri (Seth's assistant, uses Taekwondo)

4.Cody

5.Guy

6.Adon

All that remains is 3 returning and the final new character. This isn't official, but its been accurate so far. The next characters may be Dudley, Makoto and Ibuki. (Ibuki has a good chance as a shot in a magazine shows Guy blocking a kunai.) I have to say, the

so far this looks quite promising. With it being still in production, what you see may not be final.

I know Street fighter have a lot of fans.

But I still cant understand why.

I mean, it's the most repetitive and simple fighting game I've ever seen :S .

Doesnt matter the graphics or the number of characters, all fights are identical.

Also there isnt a big enough number of combos for each character -.-

I enjoy 100 times more playing DB:Final Bout xD

I cannot understand why people dont get tired about this game xDDD

And I think it would be better less characters and more combos -.-

PD This does not mean I dont respect this people =)

I know Street fighter have a lot of fans.

But I still cant understand why.

I mean, it's the most repetitive and simple fighting game I've ever seen :S .

Doesnt matter the graphics or the number of characters, all fights are identical.

Also there isnt a big enough number of combos for each character -.-

I enjoy 100 times more playing DB:Final Bout xD

I cannot understand why people dont get tired about this game xDDD

And I think it would be better less characters and more combos -.-

PD This does not mean I dont respect this people =)

The reason why its so good is because its easy to pick up unlike the clusterf**ks that are fighting games today. It doesn't take 2 hours to learn a person's moves and the combos are simple enough to do without being a pro who's played the game for like 2-3+ years. The fighters are far from identical. The only ones that are close to being identical are the Shotos (Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Dan, Sean.) but in the end, even they all are different. And did you say you enjoyed DG: Final Bout more? If I may borrow this phrase for a bit: That is the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard.

People shouldn't be tired of this game, because I would be surprised if a single person lays a finger on that atrocious piece of trash. Less characters and More combos does not equal better. Everyone has a different taste and everyone's tastes change. They want more variety NOT less. So having that many characters means there is a possibility more people would be satisfied.

Juri's fucking hot. Guy's kinda boring, but Cody's rad as hell, and DeeJay is sick. Waiting for Ibuki to be confirmed next. The magazine scan seems to have leaked her.

SF4 is definitely one of my favorite fighters. It's not crazy fast or retardedly complicated, but it's just as deep and real accessible. I still prefer Alpha 3, if only because of the big roster of awesome characters.

So.. is it DLC or a full release? They should've taken the DLC approach, no?

There's too much alterations to a lot of the code to make it a DLC release they've stated. Apparantly they're going to try and make this more open to a DLC structure. As it stands. They can't implement the new online modes or the balance changes to the current street fighter. I mean, this was to be expected of a street fighter release. Blazblue is doing the same exact thing with their update as well.

From what I've heard we're looking at either $30 or $40 for the release. You can trade in your old copy of SF4 for around $10 before the new one is released and get a decent ~$10 of trade in credit towards the new one.

EDIT: and for once let's not post "they're just saying that so they can make more money" I'm sure that's one of the possible things they could be releasing this for. But with the balances, new characters, and online modes, it's definitely going to be worth it to people that actually play SF4.

They're recoding a lot of it, actually. The online modes are overhauled, Ultras are going to work differently, we're looking at at least 6 new characters (I hear 8) and supposedly the core engine is being tweaked. Something about T. Hawk being too fucking big to jump over.

I lol'd.

Also, Guy has never had a Kunai attack in his digital life. Them giving him one now would be seriously out of the blue. If they said that its Guy's attack, than its obviously a cover up. They goofed in the screen cap so they're trying to cover their tracks. Its Ibuki. Furthermore, why would the Kunai's edge be facing him, if its supposed to be an attack coming FROM him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ill be getting this, along with Blazblue: Continuim Shift when it comes out.

Does anybody know if Street Fighter's online mode is as smooth and lag-free as Blazblue's? After playing Blazblue i just cant stomach online fighters with input delay.

Ill be getting this, along with Blazblue: Continuim Shift when it comes out.

Does anybody know if Street Fighter's online mode is as smooth and lag-free as Blazblue's? After playing Blazblue i just cant stomach online fighters with input delay.

I think it's all dependant on the other persons connection. I've played my friend over 50+ matches through the internet and we've had 0 lag and no input delay. Now that I type that out, I'm actually quite impressed.