A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Lolage Xbox Live Banning Spree

z3d

Soooo from November to December (or roughly around that time) Microsoft goes

skitzo and bans every person and their baby who's got an xbox that's got flashed firmware. It's been on the news and everything and around 2 million so far have been banned, OOOOOO.

Any unlucky candidates?

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8356621.stm

i'd find it retarded to pirate on such a console anyway. Its almost impossible to not get caught at some point.

But yeah, im not too frightened of my PSP piracy to be nullified or responded upon, unless Sony decides to just exclude the vulnerable models from all content.

I don't know what this is about. I skipped to the part where you bumped your day old topic. Really?

Yeah mate, gone to around 2 million people banned now. It's on the rise at the moment with Modern Warfare 2 having been released.

@MFZB + Serephim: Hey hey me three, flashed PSP for the win. Nah I don't think Sony can do anything about your PSP personally, they can only counter with their firmware updates, which can be exploited by some loophole within them anyway by devs.

Probably another reason why they've gone to digital content only on the PSP GO imo.

Microsoft can ban you straight away though because most people on Xbox's connect online, with alllll the little details sent straight to them..

I have flashed my Xbox. Haven't been banned as of yet.

And lol, yeah better to get RROD then perma-banned. I agree.

Not if you don't give a shit about mowing people down in First Person Shooters, which is about the only appeal of XBox Live it seems. Personally, I have a PC for that.

I'd say you're bang on the money, as I love FPS games nowadays. My PC's got high-ish specs but I doubt it'd be able to play the top brand stuff :(

@gsoft: oh yeah true, there were loads of bans then. Bare in mind though, Modern Warfare 2's launch sales have beaten that of GTA IV; which was the biggest launch to date.

I also heard some people being banned via Steam for pirating the crippled PC version of MW2 (even if you use the "no-Steam" crack). Don't know whether it's true, since I've been hearing it from various people, who know other people...

In any case, my money's on Activision meddling into both Steam and Xbox Live bans...

My 360's got modded firmware, haven't been banned, but that's because I refuse to burn anything new during this super ban crazy period. I've already got a pirated copy of modern warfare 2 for pc, and they've already cracked multiplayer to work on it. Yhey. I may get a legit copy for 360 eventually along with a new xbox live subscription.