A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Can't find an extension for MMF2

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, MMF2 isn't that great now as it doesn't have the extensions I need.
I know what you mean.

I'll be honest, I'm quite tired of people whining and bitching (omg GD swore) because MMF2 "doesn't have what they need." It's something called a new program folks, get over it! It's not going to have everything you need right from the get-go.

As people have been saying, both MMF 1.5 and MMF2 have built-in fastloops. Why you would want to bloat your game with another extension when MMF's built-in functions can do it just as well (if not better) than an extension is beyond me. Copy the MMF 1.5 Fastloop extension to the 'Extensions\mmf1' folder where ever you installed MMF2 and replace all the fastloops from the extension with the built-in ones, not that hard.

Also, Clickteam isn't responsible for extensions that they do not create. They did not create the fastloop extension. It was made be Marcello from Cellosoft who is long retired from making extensions. Will it be eventually converted? Probably, but not for awhile because no one needs it. It's been replaced by a built-in function, it no longer has a purpose.

All of Clickteam's extensions are either already included with MMF2 or are being released as part of bonus pack 1. Most of the extensions were not made by Clickteam, but since they created the bonus packs 1 through 3 for MMF 1.5, they felt responsible for making sure they were ported to MMF2. You should give them some credit instead of constantly complaining. </rant>

Guest Shadix

There is the issue of not being able to load files that do use those extensions though. My copy (demo) doesn't want to load the retro extensions at all (I was trying to open up some bkgnd libs that so rudely use kcpop.cox).

Sure, there is the workaround of loading them up in TGF/MMF/CnC and nuking the extension, but it would be nice if I didn't have to go through all that effort.

I'll be honest, I'm quite tired of people whining and bitching (omg GD swore) because MMF2 "doesn't have what they need." It's something called a new program folks, get over it! It's not going to have everything you need right from the get-go.

As people have been saying, both MMF 1.5 and MMF2 have built-in fastloops. Why you would want to bloat your game with another extension when MMF's built-in functions can do it just as well (if not better) than an extension is beyond me. Copy the MMF 1.5 Fastloop extension to the 'Extensions\mmf1' folder where ever you installed MMF2 and replace all the fastloops from the extension with the built-in ones, not that hard.

Also, Clickteam isn't responsible for extensions that they do not create. They did not create the fastloop extension. It was made be Marcello from Cellosoft who is long retired from making extensions. Will it be eventually converted? Probably, but not for awhile because no one needs it. It's been replaced by a built-in function, it no longer has a purpose.

All of Clickteam's extensions are either already included with MMF2 or are being released as part of bonus pack 1. Most of the extensions were not made by Clickteam, but since they created the bonus packs 1 through 3 for MMF 1.5, they felt responsible for making sure they were ported to MMF2. You should give them some credit instead of constantly complaining. </rant>

That'll do Gamerdude, that'll do.:)

All I'm waiting for is Text Blitter.

All I'm waiting for is Text Blitter.

I believe it's been released already with MMF2 Bonus Pack.

I can't find kcfloop.gfx anywhere. Where can I find it?

Gimme MMF2 and your source and I'll surely help you! XDD