A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: The Gizoid

Sonic: The Gizoid

EDIT: Got a new trailer:

I would rather release anouther demo, but with the way the game unlocks abiltiies, its hard to find a line between giving away too much, then having to unlock it all in the final game, or not give away enough, and thats just...kinda pointless! Hope the trailer makes up for it though.

Hey everyone, after SAGE (which was pretty damn awesome) I've been hard at work on my game, taking on board what people have said and trying to make it better. I've created a new trailer to show where the game is now and you'll find a link below.

And here are some screenshots:

slzss03.th.pngsszss01.th.pngtss02.th.pngbass01.th.pngwsss01.th.png

For people that don't know my game, 'Sonic: The Gizoid' is a Sonic fan-game with a difference. Playing as the Gizoid, you can unlock and choose a variety of skills and abilities from a host of characters from the Sonic universe. These skills will change the way you play through huge levels with multiple end points and unlockables along the way. You can sprint start-to-finish, fight everyone you can or go exploring to find unlockables! It's up to you how this adventure unfolds.

Here is a link to the old SAGE demo if you haven't played it and would like to:

http://antonhuckleberry.webs.com/sonicthegizoiddemo.htm

For your artwork, particularly when it comes to making bumpy forgrounds and loops and stuff, I'd recommend you pick up this one tool by Dami... something along the lines of a linear image transformer. Basically, you provide it with your artwork and a shape pattern and it makes your artwork conform to the shape pattern. Pretty cool. I'll have to look for that when I get home today.

• 4 months later...