A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sparkster flies again!

shadowgoten

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/05/rocket-knight-returns-to-xbla-psn-and-steam-in-early-2010/

Konami has finally decided to make a sequel to the Rocket Knight Adventure series, the 2nd game was called sparkster. RKA is probably my favorite Genesis game right next to all the sonic games, so I was extremely shocked and excited to see this announcement today.

So if there are any other RKA fans here, rejoice with me!

good god i forgot why i don't talk to anyone here about anything.

Opinions are like butts. Everybody has one. But it seems majority dislike the style. It looks like those 90's stop motion movies made with toys and plasticine, totally oposite to the cartoon look it has in the genesis games.

Furthermore, levels look bland, not solid. Where is the shadow? It's hard to tell if they are floating or not. I can't draw a mental line in the surface. Maybe it's because I am not used to 2.5 games but still looks bad. I hope it plays better than it looks, else... R.I.P

You guys have got to be fucking kidding me. Every time you see info about a new Sonic game, you bury it because of gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, and now you only have a few screenshots to go on and you bicker about THE GRAPHICS. GRAPHICS in an XBLA/PSN GAME.

It doesn't look like Sparkster? BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW. Look how Sonic Xtreme

compared to
. Xtreme looked like Sonic in Geometry land, and yet everyone quotes it as being what 3D Sonic should've turned it.

tl;dr

I'm with SG on this one. AND WHO CARES ABOUT THE FUCKING GRAPHICS!?

looks like Klonoa 2 meets Sparkster.

though I reckon they should have like totally paid me to use the sparkster design i posted here like 2 years ago.

edit: SG, on a completely unrelated note, I'm 99% sure I walked past Luckett the other day :P

My only concern about the graphics is that the background went from cartoony steampunk to something more like Yoshi pop-up book (is that how you call those cardboard books with pages popping out?). What I don't get is why the background is like that while that robot at the end of the trailer looks über realistic awesome.

It's not bad as much as strange... Still gonna buy it on day one.