A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dingoo A320 (Chinese Handheld console)

flame6753

3465236181_0821b27832.jpg

http://www.dingoo888.com/

I found this hilarious. This thing looks like the touch screen on ds-lite has been chopped off, and they stuck PSP xmb in the menu. It's pretty useless if you have either DS OR PsP. It only plays emulators, and has TV output. Its nifty, I'll give them that. It goes for about $100 on ebay and on other sites. However i have found that you can get them for about $60 from good retailers. I'd say thats about all that it is worth. It is definetely not worth the $80 to $100 standard price.

Basically it is a multimedia player / emulator. It plays music, videos, has radio, and has some original games made for it, and primarily has it's on emulation for gba, and the classic consoles such as nes snes genesis CPS1

CPS2 neogo and people have homebrewed stuff for everything else.It also has MiniSD/SDHC for you to store stuff on.

I would only pick this up for like little cousins, and as a birthday gift to a non-gamer friend, so he can casually have something to do. I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone - except people who don't play current gen games, and usually stick with their retro games / emulators, and who don't want to come up with money to buy a psp or ds (which is understandable). This serves as a cheap portable emulator for spare time.

800px-Dingoo_A320_menu.JPG

The default emultion is perfect on nes and on most snes games, but gba and genesis and several other consoles have frame issues and some games are unplayable. There are community based emulators that improve on it, So it's pretty on-par if not a little better than psp emualtion.

This device has me interested. Of course I could by somebody's cheap, used PSP and then gear it towards emulation, but this here toy is already setup for that. Convenience is a feature in my case. Plus, I'm with shadowgoten, this oughta be used strictly for emulation. 4GB is a lot for roms and such. Looks cool; I'm gonna ask for this for my birthday, or Chirstmas, whichever one, they're both kinda close.

They did rip off the Playstation button colors... but still fucked it up: A should be red and Y should be pink (Circle and Square in PS, respectively).

Knowing Chinese manufacturer, they could have done it so they can claim differences between other company's console with theirs. But then again, that won't do any justice to them.