A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sega Brawlers Megamix

DJGameFreak

You can use fusion to rip sprites? I don't ever remember it having a layer control thing. Anyway, I use the latest version of Gens+, with a mod from a lavalit user who added a pause and frame skip feature to it, making ripping so much easier for genesis games that I don't even need to use animget for it anymore, not too mention it already a layer controller and it's the best it's ever been. Also, it can be set to a smaller screen size so you can rip the sprites in original size. It may be better for the Taluluto sprites to be that size though, so he can at least be of normal size compared to Streets of rage characters.

X)

• 4 months later...

What's up people. I've been out for a while due to this PC messing up and not loading back up, so I had no internet access for almost 2 months. I've kept up my work as always, I've just forgotten to post my updates here. First off, I've updated the beta demo with new stages and characters:

bor0012.th.gifbor0086.th.gifbor0087.th.gifbor0089.th.gifbor0090.th.gifbor0091.th.gifbor0092.th.gifbor0093.th.gifbor0094.th.gifbor0095.th.gif

I've also added a new demo to experiment on making gameplay much like the marvel alliance games where you don't flinch from attacks unless hit with a big one. Both demo's are link in on the bottom of the first post in this thread as usual. I've also started ripping sprites from the arcade game, D.D. Crew:

and the Sega Saturn game, Three Dirty Dwarfs:

and last but not least, and working on new stages for adventure mode. Both stages will be form the Golden axe Series:

sbmm1.th.gifsbmm2.th.gifsbmm3.th.gif

X)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yp peeps. The new SBMM update is going a little slow while trying to learn these scripts and working on other projects, but These are the things I'll be updating:

-Grab problems: Left attack 3 on grab moves, cause attack to hold on to targets, which results in crashes.

-New stage select menu: A few posts above.

-The new arcade mode.

Some characters may be made in between these updates, like Blade from Eternal Champions who's close to being finished.

I also have a new video up for the last update:

X)

Glad to see the Battlemaniac Battletoads in this. I was trying to think who I would choose and it would have to be either one of the toads or Axel Stone. The music and character mixup is really nostalgic especially for a Genesis head from back in the days. You've got everyone I can pretty much think of. Good stuff!

Thanks man. About the Battletoads, they use some of there Battlemaniacs sprites from the SNES, but the majority of their sprites came from their arcade game. Unlike the other Battletoads titles, it was strictly beat'em up, with only the last stage being a shot'em up stage. It was probably the best toad's game out their, and makes you wonder RARE stopped making them anymore(Probably because of that ape in a necktie).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhCnQ_ZT79E&feature=related

The sprites were ripped by BWWD, another mod author from lavalit, who made his own Battletoads game:

That's where I got the toads and sketch turner from. Then again, Battlemaniacs did have an 8-bit release on the master system.

EDIT:

The new update is uploaded now. It's a bunch of characters with fixed grab attack settings, because the current ones now may have resulted in crashing, and there some fixed attack boxes to. It's only for the beta demo, and you will need to download and unzip both updated into the data folder, and in order by the date to.

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,2609.0.html

X)

• 3 weeks later...

Me again folks. A whole new demo is now uploaded:

Data Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?w58dc0iuldp8v4n

Since I update this game frequently, keep this download somewhere, and when new updates come up, you can put the files in the data folder.

Pak Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6rribta7363qm7q

A single file of the game. I'm only uploading this in case people would like to play this on the Wii via Homebrew channel. Can't update with this though.

X)

I've started adding in the arcade mode now, and will have it's own menu(Most BOR mods don't have one like this). With arcade mode, you will have 4 choices of bosses for each round(may go up to 7, with your choice of the final boss on 8 ), and how many you wanna face. NPC will be spawned with you in those matches:

83bor0032.th.gif18bor0033.th.gif56bor0034.th.gif

Because I only have 6 bosses ready, you will only have two bosses to choose from till I get more done, and they will be joined by smaller enemies of you choose so.

X)

Cool, let me know what you think, I could use the feedback if I get any. I do wanna let you know though that this update is for the data folder only, so it will only be playable on the PC, but you can download the pak file using the link in my sig(posted through the pic). That pak file was recently updated though, so you will only miss the new arcade mod. I'll have to include instructions on how to pak it later, this PC is moving to slow right now.

X)

Quick Announcement Peeps:

A new Update patch it ready. It features 2 updated chars(Sockit and Pulseman) and 1 new character(Johnathan Blade)(Credit to Glisp for Blade's javelin animation rips) :

26sockit0.th.gif26sockit1.th.gif11sockit2.th.gif

38pulseman0.th.gif96pulseman1.th.gif37pulseman2.th.gif

66blade0.th.gif66blade1.th.gif87blade2.th.gif

Get Update patch 2 from this link, and if you don't have the data download yet, get that and update 1 first.

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,2609.msg36729.html#msg36729

X)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Makin' a few updates again with brawlers. I'm takin chars from the older version and putting them in the beta demo(which might as well be the main demo now, lol).

76tails.th.png80shadow.th.png35archie.th.png77lorenzo.th.png95reese.th.png64zitz.th.png92pimple.th.png56grinder.th.png

P.S. I've been using update patches to keep peeps up on the latest chars and features, but something happend and files are missing, so don't download any of the update patches for the beta demo until I upload the upcoming demo, just the pak or data DL's.

X)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Another new Sega Brawlers update is here people. Not much from last time, but there's 3 new stages for battle mode, Rick Taylor and Mutant Rick updated from the older version, and a new mode called Alliance mode, which can be unlocked after beating adventure mode.

You can find the download edited in the post above this.

I'm already working on this some more before I get close to a another release. I'm fixing a problem players(and I) have noticed when your juggled a lot during big fights. I'm fixing the falling axis so you fly low and sometimes, far, away from attacks, allowing to hit the ground faster when hit with certain attacks. This will take a while because I have 62 characters to go through and each as 3-4 files apiece, and that's just the playable characters.

X)

• 4 months later...

I'm back again yo, hoping to keep this up for a while. I haven't worked too much on this with everything going on lately. New Laptop, my own internet connection, a job, and playing all those games on XBLA.

OK, so when I last posted, I talked about fixing falling so you don't get juggled to much. A while ago, I finally finished going through every enemy in Sega Brawlers, and since I already went through all the players, all I have left is to go through the NPC characters, and there's only a handful of them. While doing that, I updated Charmy Bee from the older version of this game with 4 new attacks and slightly better animations. Before the next release, I plan on making a characters playable, and so far, I have a boss and an enemy planned. If you wanna see some of the work I've done since I've been absent from here, check my DA account: http://dj-vgamer.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you wanna download the last update of this game, click my sig.

X)