A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Aion: The Tower of Eternity

twodee

I've played Guild Wars on and off for years, although I've been off of it for about the past 1.5 years. I haven't been playing anything besides Heroes of Newerth right now. Open Beta has been announced to start on Sept 6, so that'll be fun.

I might get it... Dunno... It's the subscription fee that kinda bugs me...

Like with Guild Wars, I could just... play a few days a month if say, that month turned out being really busy...

But with subscription... I'd end up wanting to play it all the time...

Also yes, GW2 trailer made me squeal like an elementary school girl on build-a-bear day

September 18th we're allowed to choose a server and also reserve names. I'm pretty sure i'm siding eylios, I'm not fond of any of the asmodian zones i've been to at all. So I guess i'll throw out the server name I'll be on at that time so you guys can join me if you want.

Also if you're still trying to score a collectors edition pre order (better wings, makes a world of a difference early on, when you don't have to blow all your kinah on some shitty wings) you can still preorder it off of steam.

• 3 weeks later...

Well since today is the early pick character creation in a few hours, I just wanted to update everyone that is playing, due to majority vote my friends have decided on the server israphel, and we will actually be rolling Asmodian. So if you still want to roll elyos, at least roll on that server so I can assassinate you constantly :D.

Honestly, it all depends on what you like, this game has a very quick combat system that involves chaining attacks together through the use of a hotbar of skills. A lot of it plays out in the fasion that World of Warcraft would, but it seems combat itself tends to be more involved rather than just a LOL 1 SHOT I KEEL YOU scenario that WoW has become now, meaning it's gonna take you a bit longer and you'll have to work for your kills in pvp, which is a VERY good thing. Dunno, I'm already lvl 17 on my assassin, I've played through countless betas through the same starting areas on the other side, and I'm still not bored of this game, where as in World of Warcraft, I can only do the the starting area once before I want to shoot my brains out.

In the end though it's up to you if it's a fun experience honestly, I can't tell you it's awesome and that you'll 100% enjoy it unless you like these sort of things. If you do though, I'll let you know I'm already loving this MMO more than I ever did WoW (and I spent at least 2 1/2 years of my life playing that damn game), the grind to max level doesn't seem like a chore but more of an event each day.

• 2 weeks later...