A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PS3 Slim is now offical

Daniel

It's valkyria chronicles, probably one of the best innovative strategy games out right now, and it was put out BY FUCKING SEGA.

And my B on the ethernet jack, I was looking at a comparative list between them all and yea, it just doesn't come with an ethernet CABLE everything else is good.

My chief issue with the PS3 is still the games library. While it does have plenty of standout exclusives, I don't much care for the style of most of them. It's a matter of opinion, not a matter of fact, that the PS3 doesn't have enough games to justify my purchase of it. I can't buy the console only for Little Big Planet and Metal Gear Solid 4, but the other exclusives (like God of War) don't interest me, and Ratchet and Clank is cool but hardly a selling point.

Backwards compatibility would make it much easier to take, as the PS2 has a huge library and my PS2 broken while my PS2 games are still gathering dust. The PSX had some excellent titles too, though I assume THOSE can probably be emulated in a virtual console sort of thing. If I could get PS2 games to play on my system, I'd probably get the chance to check out Sly Cooper, Jak'n'Daxter, and if PSX is an option, I'd get the old Spyro and the old Crash games.

Besides which, I'm not going to want to play MGS4 without playing the three before it... it would have been nice if I could have played them all on the same machine, instead I'd probably have to look to see if MGS1-3 had ports for the PC.

Yes, I do like cinematic games, which is what PS3 has going for it... but I also like to have plenty of unique games in my library. Until PS3 has a more robust lineup of games NOT catering to the blood-n-guts hardcore audience, I'll be fine with my PC-Wii setup.

For those that do like the kind of games PS3 has to offer, this is good news... I'm just afraid it doesn't help me much. (yet) :scool:

EDIT:

Of course this has nothing at all to do with my paranoid and likely unfair complete that Sony's just removing backwards compatibility to keep the PS2 on the shelf longer so they can continue to boast selling three consoles at once while only really supporting one. (though if I could afford the PS3 and liked the library, I could forgo the sour grapes attitude.. sooo ^_^)