A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Positioning Troubles in MMF 1.5

I started working on my engine and I want it to be as precise as it possibly can be. So please... will someone tell me how to fix this issue I'm having?

Pintar's sprite and all other sensors are set relative to the x and y position of my main sensor (displayed as a ball) using the Always event. I figured that was enough. But when running the game using any kind of movement, the ball and everything else won't stay together. Pintar and the sensors drag slowly behind (although THEY stay perfectly together for some odd reason). I've ALWAYS had this problem. Just ignored it. Now I want it fixed.

If your suggestion is an extension of some sort, please explain how to use it properly. And any extensions out of an official bonus pack are out of the question. :(

If my explanation isn't good enough (I prefer you to try it for yourself anyway), here's a debug release so that you can see it for yourself. Read the debugcontrols.txt in the zip first. http://spexperience.brpxqzme.net/pintar.zip

This was posted on another forum. Perhaps I can find better/faster results here? :P

You the X and Y Positions. I'll fix it for you.

X( "Left Sensor" )+ X( "Mask" )

Ie

X( "Left Sensor" )-16 + X( "Mask" )

Y( "Left Sensor" )+ Y( "Mask" )

X( "Right Sensor" )+16 + X( "Mask" )

Y( "Right Sensor" )+ Y( "Mask" )

X( "Down Sensor" )+ X( "Mask" )

Y( "Down Sensor" )+ 16 + Y( "Mask" )

X( "Top Sensor" )+ X( "Mask" )

Y( "Top Sensor" )- 16 -Y( "Mask" )

It would be something like that.

I don't understand. How is that supposed to work?

If anything that'd throw the positioning completely out of whack, if not sending the objects zooming off screen.

Clarification would be nice, if you don't mind. =o

If it'd help, my actions within the Always event are actually like:

"Set SPR_Pintar to X,Y of MAS_Pintar (the ball object)"

"Set TOP_Pintar to X of MAS_Pintar, Y of MAS_Pintar - 8"

etc.

Use a fastloop. If you're using a static engine, always won't cut it. What you do, is you make a loop called position, where you position everything. Then when moving the mask around by pixels, you run the position loop. This way, every single pixel that is moved, it automatically repositions the sensors and stuff.

• Like 1

Use a fastloop. If you're using a static engine, always won't cut it. What you do, is you make a loop called position, where you position everything. Then when moving the mask around by pixels, you run the position loop. This way, every single pixel that is moved, it automatically repositions the sensors and stuff.

Sounds like a winner. I'll give it a shot later.