A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What to do with the SAGE forum?

ila

What to do with SAGE forum? Read the bloody opening post before voting!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What to do with SAGE forum? Read the bloody opening post before voting!

• 1. Move threads by request
    • 2. Move all threads
    • 3. Leave SAGE forum open
    • 4. My opinion cannot be summed up by one of the first three so I made a long post for you to read ila.

Well guys, another SAGE has come to a close, and its time for a poll I promised you guys awhile back. What to do with the SAGE forum. I have come up with a few convienient options.

1. Ask who wants a thread moved to GFD

This one is easy. I make a topic asking people to post which of their own threads they want moved over to General Fangame Discussion. (Which really should be renamed to project discussion. another poll?) Of course the SAGE forum would get closed up.

2. Move over everything except obvious stickies and other topics

I just move everything without asking for specifics. Simple.

3. Leave SAGE forum open all year.

I'm against this choice. I don't think we need to split up game discussion among two active forums.

You'll notice the lack of any option along the lines of "leave the SAGE forum open but locked." My reasoning? I think archiving forum threads is pointless, and it will eventually just lead people to asking about all the dead links or bringing up topics about forgotten projects.

Anyway you have 3 choices. Let it begin.

As for Sonic Worlds, Assistance, and R&D, they're also on the agenda for clean up.

Addendum: Also with choices 1 and 2, I would merge threads that required merging, an example would by Overbound's Time Twisted threads. Keep them all in one nice place.

Move by request. And while we're at it, I'd like my review thread moved because it's gonna take longer than I assumed to finish everything up, and the reviews themselves were supposed to be more of advice/critique for the creators, rather than SAGE coverage.

Smidge and Spike: I still think archiving is useless. It just leads to threads sitting there for no apparent reason. Eventually links grow stale and it just sits there even more.

I noticed a lot of people are going with option 1, move by request. Which is cute, since last year when I did that I got a whole of 2 requests.