A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sage 2009: Mecha Madness Enemy Tutorial + Others

Streak, you did an incredible job with this engine. What impressed me the most were the ssbm sheilding and air dodges. You also added a great variety of attacks, I hope I'll have reason to put the ALL to reasonable use. In fighting games I like using all my available options (I know this isn't a completely but just the same in some similar games, I can just spam the standard attack button and beat most if not the entire game.)

Most everything strikes me as well done in the demo, though I was kinda hoping to get the chance to fight a robot using my new skills before the tutorial ended. There wasn't much shown that I can properly critique, but I would recommend giving the player the option to set his own buttons especially considering there are a few more to this setup than most of us are used to in normal platformers.

This was a pleasant surprise, I didn't expect Mecha Madness to have any showing here, and while this wasn't exactly much, it does give us a good idea of what to expect. Can't wait to see more!