A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Today is a great day.

ila

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, guys. This was my first and still my favorite forum after all of these years. I couldn't ask for better people to hang out with that I've never met in real life.

I had 24 hours of greatness. My friends and I marathoned 2D Mario, Megaman, and Sonic games from midnight until about 8 am. Then, I rented out 4 hours of ice time to play some puck. Lunch was BBQing outside (mmm, I love my smoked, STL-style ribs recipe) and followed that up with the free wine tasting at the winery. Finally, we all played some sand volleyball and tennis before going to the cajun restaurant downtown for alligator and mixed drinks.

It was topped off with a stop at my favorite bar. Now, I'm back and a little tipsy, but with all I ate/did today, I couldn't get hammered no matter how much I slammed. GREAT EFFIN' DAY. Everybody in the theater and film department was along for the ride.

Again, you guys are the greatest. Thanks again!

EDIT: Some acknowledgements...

• Ila's post was the most awesome birthday thread post that you will ever see. I truly laughed out loud.
  • espeed: There is no "r" in badass, but I appreciate the sentiment.
  • twodee: I WANT MY AWESOME BIRTHDAY QFT DAMMIT.
  • gsoft: WHAT IS THAT OTHER LANGUAGE WE SPEAK ENGLISH HERE I WILL BAN YOU POWER TRIP POWER TRIP POWER TRIP SHiiIIIIiiiIIIIt LOLOLOLOL. <3
  • Candescence: I'm tanner than all of you guys here combined. My avatar's liar thanks to flash photography. :P

Lol i love and hate drinking on a full stomach, on one hand you can outdrink your buddies with not much repurcussion (unless they're in the same boat). On the other hand you pay a lot more to get tipsy/drunk yourself.

P.S. Brad you're not spanish or black, you can't be tanner than me.

I'm tanner than all of you guys here combined. My avatar's liar thanks to flash photography. :P

It was a joke about the topic's title, the flash is called "(God) It's a Nice Day Today", for those who are uninformed. "Great" is better than "nice", so it's even more reason for the rest of you lazy bums to get outside :D (I wasn't specifically reffering to you, Brad, either).