A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Combat Moves

I'm having huge difficulty with this.

I'm trying to do it this way:

There's an invisible skin for punching animation, and when fire 2 is pressed,

the skin is visible. Then when it's over, Sonic's skin is visible again and the punching skin is invisible.

combatmoves.png

The problem is the attacking skin's animation doesn't even play.

How do I fix this, and/or

is there another way I could do this?

Animation isn`t set to loop, so maybe it`s 2. I`m using a seperate object because when I tried adding animations to the player skin and then making them play, the animation wouldn`t work, it was stuck at the first frame.

Yeah you're going about it all wrong. Load the animation onto the regular playerskin sonic. Then...

When changing the action to 100, go to "Manage Actions" in player and make sure that when action = 100, set animation to 100.

Then go to player animation, change animations. When animation = 100, change playerskin sonic's animation to 100.

Back in manage actions, when playerskin sonic's punch animation is over, set action to 0.

And why are you using "Press fire2"? The engine is controlled by the player input object. You should make it when common player input = 1 and key action b pressed =1, set action to 100. In the same event, set playercommoninput to 0. that way he won't be able to attack again until the animation is over. When it's over, set playercommoninput to 1.

• Like 1