A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Can't download .torrent files/Use Limewire.

Aaron C-T

So, I want to hop on some torrenting sites to get myself a few more Dreamcast games, grab Maya 2009 so I don't have to continually catch a bus to the Animation building, and that sort of thing. Yet I can't download .torrent files (from anywhere, even the NIN|JA 2009 torrents won't download- and that's a completely free and legal release). In addition, Limewire doesn't ever connect to the network. I'm at college and going through my router, but this sort of thing worked all last quarter, and still works for a girl I know who lives 3 floors down on the other side of the building. Any ideas?

Firewall could be blocking connections, although I'm sure you already checked that. Try using another torrent client, like uTorrent, and instead of downloading a torrent, open in it directly using uTorrent. If that doesn't work, look me up on AIM, I'll see whether there's anything I can do.

So, I want to hop on some torrenting sites to get myself a few more Dreamcast games, grab Maya 2009 so I don't have to continually catch a bus to the Animation building, and that sort of thing. Yet I can't download .torrent files (from anywhere, even the NIN|JA 2009 torrents won't download- and that's a completely free and legal release). In addition, Limewire doesn't ever connect to the network. I'm at college and going through my router, but this sort of thing worked all last quarter, and still works for a girl I know who lives 3 floors down on the other side of the building. Any ideas?

You guys use Maya? We use 3DS Max 9.

Anyway, make sure you forward from your ports.

Just for the record, the university usually doesn't do the actual narc shit. Usually the MPAA or RIAA sits on a torrent, collects IP addies, and finds out who they belong to. They loveeee to find schools. They send a list and contact the IT department threatening legal action unless the school takes care of it.

Depending on the school's policy then, the student is threatened, punished, or kicked out, etc.... At least that's how it went at my school. When I worked in Tech Support, we just called the idiots.

Regardless, I suggest PeerGuardian2 if you have anything < Vista. They just released a beta for Vista+ I think too....