A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So... "Bob" released a Game Demo...

ssbfalcon

I am going to pirate Bob's game.

I know I pirate, like, every game, but I will go out of my way to make sure he does not get money for his game. And if he gives it for free, I'll find a way to pirate it anyways >:[

So, does anything HAPPEN in this game? All he's ever shown is "you can walk here. And cars stop if you go in the street. Also, the main character is YUU LOLOLOLOLOLOL"

I still see no actual reason why anyone should give enough of a damn to bash the guy. He's making a game, and he's bashing Nintendo, big deal.

On another note, I tried the demo but couldn't get passed Tetrid for twenty minutes (always get killed on lvl9, even though I actually manage to finish the real Tetris on max difficulty without any problems... (the Game Boy version)). I'll probably try again Saturday, since I'm not in the mood for slow paced games right now. All I can say is that, while the game does seem creative, it's a veeeeeery bad call as a game designer to put something so difficult so close to the start of the game, not to mention that it's a mini game. It's Blitzball all over again... and even Blitzball was at the half of FFX.

I still see no actual reason why anyone should give enough of a damn to bash the guy. He's making a game, and he's bashing Nintendo, big deal.

I wanted to play it for the bashing Nintendo part...

Speaking of which, I still need to put my Wii up for sale on ebay... or just give it to someone as a "gift..." Just need to stop being lazy...

I got up to level 12 on tetrid but failed... it was pretty nifty how it played and looked like classic tetris... something that made it pretty entertaining, (and a nice break from SRW K)

He probably should distribute it on/for flash cards like it seems he's doing now... I don't see much DS homebrew out there...

I hate narcissists with the burning passion of a thousand suns. This guy just happens to be their king.

I noticed that right away, too.

The thing that really set me off was the "The biggest game one person has ever made!". Yeah, way to pat yourself on the back, douchebag.

That, and googling it revealed to me that he actually went on a protest consisting of locking himself in his room for a month to get Nintendo to give him the DS Devkit. I have high suspicions that he was already locked in his room all day anyway.

I noticed that right away, too.

The thing that really set me off was the "The biggest game one person has ever made!". Yeah, way to pat yourself on the back, douchebag.

That, and googling it revealed to me that he actually went on a protest consisting of locking himself in his room for a month to get Nintendo to give him the DS Devkit. I have high suspicions that he was already locked in his room all day anyway.

Except that it was actually a hoax...

I hate narcissists with the burning passion of a thousand suns. This guy just happens to be their king.

Actually, no. The guy is a professional troll, and you fell for it.

And even if I'm wrong (which I'm not saying isn't a possibility), history has taught us that a great deal of 'artists' were arrogant, egocentric bastards, and yet no-one denied the quality of their work. Now, I'm not saying that 'Bob' is a genious, since that would summon the rage of a thousand Nintendobois upon me, but one should view a creation and its creator as unrelated entities. Heck, Miyamoto has an even larger ego, and he's preaching that games should be family-only. I hate that with a passion, but I'm not an idiot to deny that Mario games aren't (mostly) good and fun.

Actually, no. The guy is a professional troll, and you fell for it.

It was pretty obvious when he claimed to be better than any other developer in the history of mankind.

And it's not a professional troll if they're not getting paid for it. See: Yahtzee.

And he is a narcissist; he has a game named after him, which is about a game named after him, which is made by him (in the game inside the game, made after him), starring Yuu, a guy who looks exactly like him, who's on a quest to beat Bob's game (a game made by him), eventually confronting the final boss, Bob (him).

That's, like, 80 levels of attention whoring for an RPG Maker game whose most innovative feature is "cars stop if you walk in front of them". I didn't even factor in the publicity stunts, which, while satirical, can still be summarized as "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME".

I'm looking at you, Bob. And you head looks like a fucking pineapple. Get a real haircut >:((((((((((

It was pretty obvious when he claimed to be better than any other developer in the history of mankind.

And it's not a professional troll if they're not getting paid for it. See: Yahtzee.

And he is a narcissist; he has a game named after him, which is about a game named after him, which is made by him (in the game inside the game, made after him), starring Yuu, a guy who looks exactly like him, who's on a quest to beat Bob's game (a game made by him), eventually confronting the final boss, Bob (him).

That's, like, 80 levels of attention whoring for an RPG Maker game whose most innovative feature is "cars stop if you walk in front of them". I didn't even factor in the publicity stunts, which, while satirical, can still be summarized as "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME".

I'm looking at you, Bob. And you head looks like a fucking pineapple. Get a real haircut >:((((((((((

YHBT. Like, so hard...

This is possibly the most genius piece of work ever created to fuck with people. No one is worthy to stand before the purest form of trolling ever created.

Indeed. Hideo Kojima did his share of trolling the fans, too... I'd call Bob a close 2nd though, if only because Hideo gets more attention.

If you listen closely you can hear my point flying over your head.

Did you actually read the post, or did you just quote it and typed the first obscure acronym that came to mind?

Yes, I did read your post. Yes, I did get your argument. And yes, he is a troll that makes people rage with his game. And yes, you are raging over a game a troll made. And yes, you have been trolled by him, along with thousands of other people on the Internet, making 'Bob' a professional troll.

And yes, you are living in denial, not wanting to admit that Bob managed to trick you out of fear of not being cool enough anymore.

And in the improbable event that you are right, and that Bob really isn't a troll, you're still getting too butthurt over nothing.

Also, you have lost the right to call anything Internet-related obscure the moment you decided it would be funny to have a Shamwow avatar.