A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ashura the Hedghog [alpha stage fangame]

Hey this is my first post here so go easy okay? Nah, go ahead and rip me apart (i need the critisism)

This is my current project

The game is called Ashura the Hedgehog (based off of the glitch from Sonic 2) So far it has two Demo acts and this has everything from loops to the elemental sheilds.

MY CURENT PROJECT: Ashura the Hedgehog

ashfour.jpg

Watch gameplay @

Download @

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/69447

Well I hope you enjoy these as much as myself and please coment on Ashura.

UPDATE! NEW ART!

ruins.jpgvolcano.jpg

CURRENT ZONE LIST FOR ASHURA

Angel Island (by skylights)

Construction Tower (from Sonic crackers)

Dust Hill (retouch of the beta)

Volcano Vally (by me)

Emerald Temple (by me)

Final fortress (nothing yet)

Doomsday (nothing yet)

??? (this one is a complete secret!)

• Like 2

I remember seeing this over at SCD! Like I said there, it's impressive for a new member to show up and he actually has more than a logo and sonic running on some solid color blocks. My only tip now would be to not mix genesis, advance, and rush sprites. Also, have you ever attempted making your own sprites?

it's impressive for a new member to show up and he actually has more than a logo and sonic running on some solid color blocks. My only tip now would be to not mix genesis, advance, and rush sprites. Also, have you ever attempted making your own sprites?

Thank you again Ayling! Personally I like how the RUSH enimes look in a genisis style game. The springs from sonic advanced are tempory (notice how never added in the animations for them)

As for custom spriting- I'm not to good (although the fire themed level in my game looks pretty cool!) I would love to recieve tips on spriting! I can do recolors well enough but I like 100% custom better.

BTW Ashura was not sprited by me, he was created by Cylent Nite.

I like it. Ashura was a bit glitchy(spindash causes the character to jump at times), but keep up the good work.

Thanks! Yeah I am familar with that glitch (it has already been nicknamed the SWEET AIR DASH back at sonic cage dome) It has been giving me a lot of trounle as you can release the down key while spin-dash-jumping and rocket forward or press space at the same time you release down causing you to jump instead of spindashing.:squestion:

In the meantime, I toyed around with the acceleration which has made it eaisier to platform while still retaining speed and Construction tower is nearing completion and when the zone, some bosses and a title/save feature are implemented I will update the Demo.:ksmile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Wechidna won't just be a screwy pallete, right? You'll make him look different like Ashura, yes?

Yes Alec, one of my freinds from team FGX is cooking up awsome sprites every day. If i need to I will fall back onto the MFZ wechnia sheet but i have better things planed for his art!

AND OMG!!!! the YOYOGAMES sever crashed again!!!! I will put the final release on rapidshare cuz YYG is creating a giant hole of bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Did ou know that mixing genesis and advance sprites is not a good idea?

P.S. Ashura Robo Blast 2!!!

As I said in the previous post the art for the 3D stage is using some trial art, and the final textures for the special stages will be styled after the 2D level they are based off of, which are genisis styled if you hadn't noticed.

P.S. heh yeah I guess I am mimicing SRB2 with the special stages (It has "Thoking" and the concept is basically the same, (get so many rings before time runs out, however you can die in the special stage and then respawn a few seconds later.)

As I said in the previous post the art for the 3D stage is using some trial art, and the final textures for the special stages will be styled after the 2D level they are based off of, which are genisis styled if you hadn't noticed.

You didn't understand me. I mean that in demo which you shown earlier Ashura's sprites are more genesis-like. In special stage they are advance-like.