A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Full] Sonic Web Access

Neo Nightmare

Hi. I'm Himistu no Nazo, or Neo Nightmare, the creator of this fangame.

This time, Sonic gets sucked into the Web by a virus! Only you can help him and his friends Tails and Knuckles to return to a Sega's PC! Guess who is the vilan...

The game levels are based on websites layouts. I maked a lot of referencies to internet phenoms or memes (like >9000, This is SPARTA, Giant Enemy Crab) and internal (Brazzilian) comunities Fad. It's storyline should not be taken seriosly. It also introducts creative features like gimmicks with mouse-interactivity. It's also DLC-enable.

---

This is my first fangame, created with Game Maker 6.1. I usually don't make fangames, I'm more into original games.

Some Screenshots and trailer below:

http://swa.wowtuga.org/sites_ficheiros/SWA_PS.PNG

http://swa.wowtuga.org/sites_ficheiros/SWA_AS2.PNG

http://swa.wowtuga.org/about_ficheiros/SWA_CM.PNG

Trailer:

-

Download Link:

- http://www.4shared.com/file/83786810/ace1c701/SonicWebAccess_International.html

Official Website: http://swa.wowtuga.org

PS: Sorry if I made stupid mistakes in English. I'm portuguese, but I usualy chat on Brazzilian communities :D

PS2: I made this game for the brazzilian comunity, but has English language (because English > every other language including mine), it's obvious that the game was no destiny to this community, I only post is here for concept reasons (much like BrazSonic from years ago)

PS4 (because PS3 sucks): This is much the same post that I submit to the web site. Hope is ok to post here, and check peoples opinion on this game.

• Like 1

Very nice idea indeed, I like this!

BTW, your English is pretty good, so don't worry too much about it.

I just checked your About section, and I like the ideas of 'customization' you talk about. Especially the options to toggle fanchars and modify Sonic's acceleration. Clever!

EDIT: Soundtrack idea... awesome. MIDIs by default, and optional MP3s for download. Love it!

RE-EDIT: The first cutscene is awesome. When I heard that music, I already felt it coming, haha

List of other awesomeness:

*Popups when defeating enemies

*End of level fanfare

*Helpers

*I read the credits... oh my god, even THAT video made it! XD

Keep it up. Tried the Vista version BTW, it works perfectly.

I played it to completion. I like the idea, and the execution, but if there is one major flaw, it's enemy and spring/dash plate placement. I swear, no matter what, I can never manage to hold on to a shield for more than 10 seconds because when I finally memorize one segment of enemies, the next is so crazy I get hit almost immediately. The exploration levels were kind of annoying because they were filled with enemies and springs and all of the floors were pass-through floors, so I ended up having to work my way all the way to the top in order to go back down to where I was in the first place. The bosses were my favorite part. Sans boss #1. It took way too long to beat, and that's at no fault of mine. It simply relied on randomized characters appearing when you hit the boss, but you couldn't have multiple at once helping you, and often times, the one that appeared did way too little damage to be effective. All in all, I enjoyed it. Especially some of the internet references. On the other hand, some of the references were way too forced. (Especially >9000.)

I just beat it, and damn it was good. Like jumpbutton pointed out though, some things are slightly off:

*I didn't have much trouble with the emblem-catching levels, but the last of them (forgot the name...) was a huge pain, filled with hazards, and it had a minuscule amount of rings. (It's the level with a Super Sonic over a photo of the Green Hill papercraft.)

*The over 9000 fanfare is long... but then I discovered that Enter skips that. Well, jus' a pointer there.

*Bug: PSF's boss doesn't die if you're using Tails. Maybe it's on purpose, since it's a piece of cake as you can fly?

*The boss in the Google page (not spoiling it...) moves even during the title card's appearance. As soon as the title card disappears, his long sword kills me, having zero rings. I had to repeatedly press the jump button during the title card in order to catch a ring and survive that section.

*The boss battle against Maldita Loira is a bit annoying, as jumpbutton said. Even if I hit twice, only one set of characters come to help. Maybe you could set a damage multiplier, so if the enemy is hit twice, the helper characters inflict additional damage.

The references were all neat, though. And the 'camera-rotating' movement in the curves is a very nice idea, I never saw something like that before.

Google it.

Great lines, heh

I just saw the YouTube video for this, and I'm pretty impressed! While the layouts are hardly top-notch, this concept in and of itself is incredibly imaginative, and I can safely say the execution is as ace as it's going to be, all things considered. I never honestly thought something like this would ever be considered, let alone work, but you managed to do both.

While I haven't tried this yet, I've got to congratulate you on a job well done. Great stuff, and I hope to see more from you in the future! :)

I played it to completion. I like the idea, and the execution, but if there is one major flaw, it's enemy and spring/dash plate placement. I swear, no matter what, I can never manage to hold on to a shield for more than 10 seconds because when I finally memorize one segment of enemies, the next is so crazy I get hit almost immediately. The exploration levels were kind of annoying because they were filled with enemies and springs and all of the floors were pass-through floors, so I ended up having to work my way all the way to the top in order to go back down to where I was in the first place. The bosses were my favorite part. Sans boss #1. It took way too long to beat, and that's at no fault of mine. It simply relied on randomized characters appearing when you hit the boss, but you couldn't have multiple at once helping you, and often times, the one that appeared did way too little damage to be effective. All in all, I enjoyed it. Especially some of the internet references. On the other hand, some of the references were way too forced. (Especially >9000.)

Yes, I agree that object placement isn't very good. I never did a Sonic fangame before, so I was kinda limited with the objects that were avaiable on the engine (and that is Sonic Revival's Engine by Chaos Rush btw), so for the most part I spread the objects throught the level.

I thought that the exploration levels would be the one that most people would hate, because Sonic it's more about action that exploration. I only did them, because it's not easy to transform a website layout, where you go from A to B, so this stages would spent more time to complete and didn't have to worry about paths.

I just saw the YouTube video for this, and I'm pretty impressed! While the layouts are hardly top-notch, this concept in and of itself is incredibly imaginative, and I can safely say the execution is as ace as it's going to be, all things considered. I never honestly thought something like this would ever be considered, let alone work, but you managed to do both.

It's true that I did much of the work my myself, but I also have help from other people (check the credits =D), like .dll handling and some progaming algoritims were made by two good friends of mine (Megas Bahamut Alchemist and Nitronix/Jeferson).

---

I'm glad that most people like it, and sorry for me to take so much time to anwser. Just after the release, an awful virus stroke my PC =(

I wanted to work in a patch that fixed some of the problems that you mencioned, but GM6 has some problem to with virus...

Also, I noticed that Tssz News mencioned Sonic Web Access, and that made me very happy, I never predicted that a "one year project" would made this much sucess. I just didn't like that they call me Neo Nightmare (it's the nick name that I use here, but I'm really know as Himistu no Nazo of [lack of creativy] Nezo the Hedgehog) XD

Since the International community liked the project, I will think on releasing Internation levels as DLC. Would you like a SFGHQ level? XD

Anyway, as far as DLC goes, I will only think about it in a few months... SWA to I want to focus on school for now.

(also, can't awser to PMs, I don't have 10 post yet)