A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

DirectPlay or MooClick?

Depends. If you've got a dedicated server to handle requests for you, use MooClick. Otherwise use DirectPlay since it works by linking the two computers together. Either way, you've got a buttload of scripting to do.

To make it simple, use Directplay for practice and Moo when you understand it better. Since your question was which had better online capabilities, go with Moo. You're most likely not going to get too much help with this, so you'll just have to look at whatever tutorials exist and self teach yourself the rest.

Overall, i reccommend Moogame if you can find a way to acquire it ;D

If not, MooClick, unless you're really hardcore and want to use MooSock, which is faster, yes, but stupidly hard and complicated.

MooGame > MooClick in my opinion. MooSock can be a pain in the arse to get to work. I've only done some simple sending of values to a php backend on my server. I'm not sure how much you can do with MooSock that'd be useful for, let's say, character data and whatnot.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...