A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Help: Camera Shake in Sonic Worlds

I saw someone with a fangame here using Sonic worlds and it had a really badass camera shake whenever Sonic boosted. I like the effect alot and was wondering if anyone knew how to duplicate it. What I basically want it for is when Sonic collides with something at high speed, it would shake OR when Sonic slams the ground with the rock shield... OR when a bigass boss monster roars. So yeah, help is greatly appreciated. This little effect, even if insignificant, will help lots of my already existing effects look cooler.

Can't you just alter the raw camera coordinates after the camera is changed in the camera group? Then you could just set the coordinates to an amplitude amount as DW said with a function to randomly get positive or negative values from the amplitude preferably attached with a random generator that decreases along with the amplitude value. It would give an effect where the camera is rumbling hard and then slims down to a slight shake before stopping.