A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Help: Adding a new character.

mad.array

Hi guys. I've been trying to figure out how to add a new character into the Engines levels in an attempt to get a deeper understanding of the engine. Seeing as I'm here, you can figure out that I haven't been doing too well. I've got a sprite for Knuckles, a clone of Sonics information (topxspeed/maxxspeed etc) acting as Knuckles' stats at the moment and have changed the Character Value to 2 and added in the changes of animation for the frames I've put in but I've not been able to find out where the code for implementing the change happens. I know that if you press the 'r' key during a trial of the Worlds engine then you change from Sonic to Tails, but i've not been able to find the part of the code that makes one character invisible and the other visible. I'm thinking that I don't need to use the Global 'GameCharacter' value because the engine automatically changes the 'Character' value of PlayerMovementValues to the global value. I'm just looking for a guide on implementing him as a Sonic clone at the moment as I do want to feel like I've actually done something myself :tsleep: . This and any other assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also, can anyone give rep for answers cos I've not wanted to give any in case I get slapped by an admin?

Thanks Damizean.Rep up. I've got Knuckles mostly working. I'm just having one small problem. when he runs off of a ramp, his angle doesn't change back to flat until he lands. I've tried switching through the other player skins and they all rotate back to 0 degrees rotation but the new one doesn't. I'm at a loss.