A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Online FPS

Asuma

Unreal Tournament 2004

Unreal Tournament 3

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Team Fortress 2

Counter-Strike Source

Call of Duty 4

Battlefield 2+ Extensions

Battlefield 1942 + Extensions

Ugh. That's about all I have. What more would you recommend?

I'm pretty sure I'm getting Left4Dead. Dunno about FarCry 2. I might just get for the World Editor.

It might not be your cup of cake but I think Gears of War is on PC now. That game is an absolute blast online, even if the gameplay modes are pretty limited.

COD5 comes out in like two weeks, and you mentioned Left4Dead, which comes out shortly after COD5. COD5 is gonna have online co-op, as well as the same type multiplayer as the previous CODs. I don't know if it's gonna be successful in competitive play, but who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

Quake 3 is the only one I've noticed really lacking from the list, although it does tend to lean a bit too much towards Teh Hardc0rz. There is that browser Quake Live thingy coming out soon that's probably worth a look.

Also, are we just talking PC online FPS's? Cause the xbox Halo's have resulted in some good times. Or did as soon as I turned the headset off.

Actually, Smidge doesn't own so hard, well, at least that's the impression I got. And believe me, I know how it feels like when people literally own the crap out of you in MP games... (Curse you, Quake!)

The reason why I'm not playing D3 atm is because all my attempts to contact Smidge after Sage have failed miserably... (well, I only tried once to be honest) I found the game to be quite fun.