A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Help] Crabmeat won't spawn bullets

Aikocho

Are you sure you are not overloading the frame with objects? If you already have the maximun number of objects, they won't appear.

Are you sure the event is called? add the action of playing a sound when the event happens and play. If it does sound, it means the event is called, but doesnt work somewhat, like you destroy the bullet, there is no room for objects or whathever. If it doesnt sound, it means the event is never called. Delete the conditions one by one and test until if plays. Once it happens, it means the last deleted condition is always false. Check the reason of that.

Sometimes happens that an event caused only by the last created object. Try having just one badnik in the level, and see if it does work. If it works with only one, come here again and i will help.

Are you sure you are not overloading the frame with objects? If you already have the maximun number of objects, they won't appear.

Are you sure the event is called? add the action of playing a sound when the event happens and play. If it does sound, it means the event is called, but doesnt work somewhat, like you destroy the bullet, there is no room for objects or whathever. If it doesnt sound, it means the event is never called. Delete the conditions one by one and test until if plays. Once it happens, it means the last deleted condition is always false. Check the reason of that.

Sometimes happens that an event caused only by the last created object. Try having just one badnik in the level, and see if it does work. If it works with only one, come here again and i will help.

I fond the event of the bullet in the event editor, and it shared the same physics as the buzzbomber's bullet. I just simply made two of the same bullet, and gave it X and Y physics for both of them.

And its all thanks to your suggestion, BF. I thank you. =3 Rep+

If you don't mind me asking, but I'm fairly new to the engine, and I'm also having problems getting the Crabmeat to shoot the bullets. As you did, I made two of the same bullet and fixed the commands that had Buzzbomber's bullets in them instead of Crabmeat's, but I still can't get the bullets to appear. What were the X and Y commands that you gave the bullets and under which event did you use the X and Y commands?

This issue has been plaguing me for three days now, so if I could find out how to get those bullets to work, it would really help me out a lot with this engine.

OK, never mind; I got the bullets to shoot, but now I've got another problem. The bullets stay in one position, clustered together for one second, and then they shoot outward. Also, does anyone here know how to make the bullets shoot in an arc?

EDIT: OK, never mind the delay; the bullets are now shooting fine, and they're shooting where they're supposed to. I just want to know how to get the bullets to shoot in a small arc.

Matter of fact, I could just make my own help thread for that. Never mind any of my questions here.