A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Amy Bubble Burst - NEW DEMO as of 8/19

ila

Well here it is, a completely updated new demo of ABB. Changes since last version include:

-Brand new static movement engine. Amy moves a little more realistically now. Or rather, just doesn’t use MMF2’s shoddy built in movement.

-Consequently, pass through platforms have been removed until I can work out how to do those with a static engine.

-Jumping to dodge bubbles is now a viable option. *HINTHINT*

-Bubbles only travel upward upon breaking. Fewer cheap deaths.

-Power ups added. Shield, Freeze, and Heart Limit +

-Consequently base Heart Limit has been reduced to 2.

-New final stats screens.

-Levels have been changed up a little.

I'll post the new version high score I've achieved later.

• Like 1

Ila, this game is fantastic. I played and loved the original Amy's Bubble Pop, and this tribute's presentation is leagues above it. I love the choice of music, the graphics are lovely, and the difficulty is high enough to keep me trying but not so difficult that I close the game out of frustration. This is a perfect tribute. I want more!

amybubbleburst.png

That boss is killer. 30 deaths in all! Come on guys, when you complete this demo, post the last screen to see how ours compare ;)

Actually, it's much easier to hit with the hearts if you press fire 3 times. One of them will probably hit if your aiming is at least 70% accurate, and if you're lucky enough to have the first heart hit, you will pop the new smaller balloons with the remaining two. Just an observation.

I don't know what you plan for future versions of the game, ila, but could I recommend an 0.5 second (or lower) downtime between shooting hearts? It might make the game more challenging.

Too late.

ilagame.png

I tried playing again to improve my score, but gave up after I repeatedly died by the balls bouncing in illogical directions. ( clickteam and their bouncing ball movement i-i ) The game was actually kinda fun though when I bothered to play it; has quite a bit of potential.

abbscore.png

I have to say, stage D was a real pain for me. i-i The improvements you put into this though kept me at it until the end. Great game ila, I'll probably be playing this again later to see if I can improve my stats/just to enjoy it once more.