A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dr. Horrible

shadowgoten

http://www.drhorrible.com/

If you fucks haven't seen this yet hurry up and just watch it.

Doogie Howser plays a villian named dr. horrible in a hillarious blog/musical that just finished today. They will be taking it down tomorrow so get on that shit and watch. It's also got the main guy from serenity/firefly playing the rival of the story.

We need more stuff like this nowadays, classic! I already bought the whole thing off of Itunes for 3.99.

I don't know if I'd agree with that. I guess there wasn't enough time to portray Dr. Horrible's reasons for being evil so that him "accepting" the situation that way would make sense more emotionally, but I'd say the lacking of completeness lie somewhere in the middle, not the way the end played out.

He didn't win at all!

edit: I'm surprised to hear around the internet how many people didn't like part 3. I loved how it ended.

Well, maybe he didn't quite win, but Captain Hammer certainly lost. I mean, really though he doesn't dwell on the girl very long and he goes on to join the Evil league of Evilness pretty quickly. He certainly seems a lot more brooding during the process, but thats his nature.

I think thats questionable. Especially given the song choice for the final segment and the archetypal transformation.

I say it's not questionable at all. Him accidently killing Penny got him to be in the ELE and got everyone to proclaim him the worst supervillian in history. But it was clear from the beginning that as much as he wanted to get into the ELE, he wanted to be with Penny more. I think the very final shot of him shows that he is not happy, and that's because Penny is dead. So I see that as he lost despite him becoming a supervillian.

The ending is pretty dark compared to the rest of the episodes.