A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Check points....

Mr.S

Ouch, GM. Ah well, I'll give it a try. ( I'm a MMF user myself, but I've used GM once )

You need to make two values. It would be best to make them global. Call one 'global.checkpointX' and the other 'global.checkpointY'. Now when Sonic touches the checkpoint, set 'global.checkpointX' to Sonic's X and set 'global.checkpointY' to Sonic's Y. Now when Sonic dies, restart the room. Make it check at the start of the level if one of the checkpoint values is greater than 0. ( They both should be set to 0 at the beginning of the game and when you complete a level or loose all your lives ) If they are greater than 0, set Sonic's position X to 'global.checkpointX' and set his Y to 'global.checkpointY'. That should take care of it. Since the room restarted, all enemies and rings should be back. If you want to remember time or certain items collected or triggers activated, just store it in a value just like Sonic's X and Y and have it recalled at the start of the level.

• 3 weeks later...