A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kraid's theme - Metroid Metal (stemage)

Rael0505

Remix made by Stemage, to check out more of his stuff see the links in the video description.

Not the best performance, I tried several times to record and kept making mistakes and having to start over. I got frustrated and settled for this, my best one. Comments always appreciated.

Phendrana Drifts is amazing. I also love Brinstar (from super metroid, not metroid. completely different songs), which is probably my favorite stemage mix. I play it in standard E even though stemage plays it in drop C because I found a way to get past the difference in tuning. Unfortunately, I won't be so lucky with other songs, because with my schecter, I'm not able to play in drop C without opening up the back of the guitar and fiddling around with a screwdriver until the floating bridge is recallibrated. I don't generally play using my Gibson SG because the schecter's EMG pickups are so much better than the SG's.

And really, I don't know why anyone would choose to play in Drop C. It requires a higher gauge set of strings, and it's really no different from drop D except that it's a step lower. The same progressions you can make with drop C can be done with drop D. I guess I'm just complaining. :(

I've spoken to Grant Henry, he's a really nice guy. Also recently bought his album, and every single track is incredible. If you like metroid metal, you'll love his original stuff as well.

Thanks for the comment, by the way. I'm glad you enjoyed my less-than-stellar performance.