A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Time Twisted Pictures and Info

OLD SAGE 07 DEMO

I have been working on Time Twisted a bit more and thought I would show off the little progress I've made. As well as provide some general information on the game.

First I am still planning on make six rounds with three zones a piece one being a boss fight. There is a chance I will lower that to five rounds if it becomes to much for me. Round wise I have completed two fully play able rounds including two boss battles and four actual levels.

The time implementation is complete and you can find Robotisizors in every zone.

I was planning on replacing the level graphics in the first zone with far superior graphics made by Damizean however I've decided that it would take too much extra work to replace the graphics and am sticking with the ones I have. Damizean I'm sorry I guess I'm lazy, but I think we could use a complete fan game around here and I intend to bring one.

Other then that I have no plans on making special stages. They aren't my favorite part of Sonic games anyway.

Other then that here are some more pictures of Perplex Puzzle Round, the boss, and the graph paper I drew the level on.

As Always Thoughts and Opinions Are Welcome

attachment.php?attachmentid=791&stc=1&d=1212392201

attachment.php?attachmentid=792&stc=1&d=1212392201attachment.php?attachmentid=793&stc=1&d=1212392201

attachment.php?attachmentid=794&stc=1&d=1212392201attachment.php?attachmentid=795&stc=1&d=1212392201

post-252-138639762071_thumb.jpg

post-252-138639762073_thumb.png

post-252-138639762076_thumb.png

post-252-13863976208_thumb.png

post-252-138639762083_thumb.png

Perplex Puzzle looks nice, however I just can give opinions/sugestions on City Edge as it's the only level that I have played...

I like the engine and the level design, it has lots of interesting areas but I guess that some new gimmicks would make the level a lot more interesting...

Maybe when you go to past you could just go a little bit to the past, like instead of a city become a forest with lava, it could become an old city, with old architeture and some buildings being constructed in the background, so it resemble more like a city in the past, not like anything in the past...

One of my favorite things on Sonic CD was that when I was in another time zone I had the same level music remixed and I miss it here, because the music is aways the same. But I guess it's hard as you are using music that already exists but maybe it would be better the music were changed in different time zones.

Other than that I like your game, are there chances that this will be one of the finished games on sage?

Damizean - GSI works amazingly but I have to ask you because its been a while since I looked at it. Is there any code I have to put in the objects? I was thinking that you fixed a newer version that didn't need a code but its been a while and I just do not remember.

The ParadoxX - I try to find music that fits both the present and past. Remixes will probably only happen if I find someone to make original music for that game. Right now since the music isn't even original I don't think I can justify almost doubling the size of the game over unoriginal music. Your City Edge ideas are good too. But I think I'm done working on that level I have worked on it for so long and its workable and play able and I'm just going to leave it. You really should try out Perplex Puzzle though because there is no shortage of gimmicks there and I promise the remaining levels will have no shortage either. To answer your question I'm really hoping this is ready for Sage but I make no promise.

Wow, i dont remember ever playing this game at SAGE 07.

Definately one of the best fangames ive ever played. Your level design is borderline official, if it wasnt for the one or two bugs i encountered it would have been almost a flawless playthrough. I was actually angry when the demo ended. >>;

The waterleaf bubble thingy and the slimetrail from the snails was an awesome addition too.

Hope you finish this, it looks great dude.

Damizean - GSI works amazingly but I have to ask you because its been a while since I looked at it. Is there any code I have to put in the objects? I was thinking that you fixed a newer version that didn't need a code but its been a while and I just do not remember.

It needs code if you want to use the GSI for collectable objects (basically, for telling the GSI you don't want that object to reappear).

Damizean- *looks at events for obj_ring* Ah yes I remember.

icecapboy - yeah its game maker naw I don't think its a stupid question.

ssbfalcon, Spike, Serephim, Ironrind - thanks I'm glad you guys liked my levels that's probably the most tedious task in game making.