A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Hydrocity Ocean Effect (Game Maker 6)

I know that I've requested for this in the past, but I never really got it down with perfect success. Remember in Sonic The Hedgehog 3, in Hydrocity Zone (And Launch Base, Act 2) there was water in those zones, but they all had an awesome 3D effect? I'm wondering how you would do that in Game Maker 6.1.

The best screens I could find representing this are:

Sonic3_Hydrocity.png

son3_23.gif

you mean parallax (the crazy 3d-esque scrolling)? or the shimmering effect. i believe there are tutorials for both (at least parallax) on the site that goes with this forum

Its not really parallax, I'm talking about how the ocean moves up and down depending on where you are on the y axis.

ZFG, if you noticed, the topic starter of that was this guy called Chaos Rush. I am Chaos Rush. And this is what I stated in the first post of this topic:

I know that I've requested for this in the past, but I never really got it down with perfect success.

Well, in that topic you wrote:

"Well, everything works the way it should, so thanks guys!"

So thought you had forgot it.

Well, in that topic you wrote:

"Well, everything works the way it should, so thanks guys!"

So thought you had forgot it.

Yeah well...it worked. But not really. You see, I want the ocean to still be visible even if you're way above it, and if you're way below it. I didn't achieve that effect.

var OverallYOffset; OverallYOffset = 1;
for (i = 0; i < 15; i+= 1)
scrParallaxAddNode(1, backTestWater,0.5-((1+i)/28)*0.5,((1+i)/28)*-1.8, 0, 0, 0,OverallYOffset, 0, 0, 152+i*8, 0, 0, i*8, 256, 8);[/CODE]

By any chance could Damizean's background parallax scripts be manipulated to present the desired ocean effect?