A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A question about a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdtPrmivKTE&feature=related

Not sure if this is the right section, but the video appears to show that everything was done by the person that made the video.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I can tell that its obviously the Sonic Revival engine (You know, that cheap Sonic Dash copy + paste thing I released months ago), but he appears to be (I think) giving himself the credit for the entire engine. He also appeared to call the Water Shield sprites ones that he made (The Water Shield sprite was probably the only custom sprite I put on there).

So I'm just wondering, but is this theft? It probably isn't, but when I watched the video it kind of appeared as if he made everything on it, so tell me if I'm wrong.

Credits go at the end of a game. Always nice for him to put it in the description, but I don't think it's necessary to give credit for every small bit of gameplay that's shown. It doesn't seem to be very far in progress anyway, I think you should wait before accusing him of stealing.