A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Starting a Blog.. Help?

Aaron C-T

It's been awhile since I've had some sort of website and I kind of want to try and get one running again. However, I'm not exactly sure as to the best way to approach this. I haven't messed with HTML since around middle school now and know very little about PHP and coding web designs. I'm all up for designing the layout/creating headers and coming up with a system or formatting and such but I'm not going to be able to code beyond anything basic. Are there any programs that make it a bit easier to design templates and get them to function properly? Wordpress? Moveable type? ::shrug::

Go wordpress. Please. It's version 2.5 now. Totally different from the last time you had a wordpress blog. Very easy to theme. I'll help you out. I'll hit you on aim next time you're on. I always mean to tell you shit, and then when i finally check my buddy list, you aren't on. And then when I see you on, I forget what it is I meant to tell you. lol

Edit: This is post number 1,234 for me. :D

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm wondering would any of you even bother to read a page you came across that was being hosted by Wordpress on one of their templates? Feel kind of limited here.

Essentially, as I've already explained to Koray what the subject matter would concern: my studies as an art student and my overall state of mind as I progress/encounter troubles. There would also be articles concerning music/games/current events and my general thoughts. Do you think, given that the entries were well-written, that I'd be able to get any decent reader base?