A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Metal Gear Solid topic

Discussion on the Metal gear series, where it's been, where it's going, speculation, questions, comments.

At the end of Metal gear Solid 2, Otacon said that the list of the Patriots was full of people who had long since died. The AI colonel said that the Patriots are a being created in the whitehouse like an AI. Evolving and whatnot. How is that possible [lol, it's a video game] if there were no computers when the country was founded? Obviously the entity had to come from somewhere. As far as Foxdie goes, I don't know how Solid stood alive and Liquid died. Maybe Naomi programmed it to attack the superior soldier genes. If Solid is indeed the recessive one, how the hell is he so badass? As far as liquid goes, I don't think he was the PERFECT replica of Big Boss. There were 3 clones. Solid, Liquid and Solidus. Solidus aged the fastest. Or maybe he was created before Solid and Liquid? It's a little AWESOME to know that he was the freakin' president, lol.

Well that's something that I love about the whole Liquid/Solid thing. When it comes down to it, Liquid Snake is the more perfect Snake; he got the more dominant genes. The problem was that he also got a lot of Big Boss's worse personality qualities. The kind that caused Big Boss to defect and create outer heaven and all that.

Liquid says something about their father liking Solid Snake better or something to that effect if I remember MGS correctly. Which makes sense because Liquid has all the parts of him that Big Boss was probably ashamed of before he lost it and made Outer Heaven. While Solid Snake was able to keep all his compassion for others and all the good qualities of Big Boss's personality.

We should make a MGS4 topic

Liquid hated Solid because Solid is the one who went to Zanzibar Island and killed Big Boss. Liquid wanted revenge on Big boss and Solid took that revenge from him so he hated Solid with a Passion. Now Liquid wants to create Outer Heaven [which he probably gets a chance to seeing all that happens in MGS4] to relive their father's dream. That way he can prove that he is the better one, even though he doesnt know he has the dominant genes. It sucks that Snake ages so fast. Apparently thats a byproduct of cloning a 50 year old man. Why, in MGS1, did Liquid and Ocelot want Big Boss' remains?

Ocelot started the Patriots. It's presumed that there were a number of people involved and at least one of them (Ocelot of course) is alive... mostly. The AI that talks to you in the end is a machination of the Patriots. Actually, it's Arsenal Gear. The reason everyone flips out is because of the virus that is used on Arsenal Gear. It's doubtful that the Patriots are really an AI entity at all.

As for the people who died, I imagine that there were new patriots to take their place.

Solidus wasn't created before any of the others. They were triplets. All born at the same time.

Allegedly, his dna samples were taken from Big Boss when he was older... so the telomeres on his stem cells would already have been mostly depleted. Frankly, I don't find that to make a great deal of sense as there wouldn't be any real reason for them to do that.

More than anything else though...

This topic seems a little weird here -_-.

You know, i actually forgot. I remember hearing it in MGS2, but i beat that game in two days over 6 years ago, so i forgot what for. I think it was some type of codename or pass for an operation or something.

Anyway, yeah Liquid got the best genes out of them, but Solid snake was visually the closest copy of Big Boss. I forgot what was Solidus's deal but he definitely aged the fastest, seeing how all of them were born at the same time. I believe he would be the failure of the bunch.

Edit: This is an actual spoiler question btw, if you havent beaten MGS3

does anyone know if EVA is dead? I was extremely, EXTREMELY surprised she lived in the first place and was even more surprised when she took off after ripping snake and even MORE surprised when the film she stole and you worked so hard to obtain was fake, but they never mentioned if she died or not. It just said she disappears.

Wtf is the La-le-lu-li-lo?

The Patriots. If memory serves well, it's an example of their data manipulation capabilities in action, censoring their true name.

Liquid seems to gradually acquire more and more control over Ocelot's body. In fact, I don't even remember if the host shows some presence in the MGS4 trailers, so the possession could be full-time or really close to it.

@Sereph mah boi

EVA is in MGS4. Appears in one trailer, has her character bio and render on the site.

Unless you're talking about the REAL EVA which we never got to see.

EDIT: I love how we're tagging spoilers now when the opening post has a fucking huge spoiler for MGS2 lols

The Boss was an awesome character, and yes she is quite dead.

He's mistaking her for Eva. I didn't think Eva had aged quite that much, but i just remembered she was on age with Big Boss, which would make her quite old seeing as shes running with Solid Snake now. She really bears no resemblance to her MGS3 model if you ask me.

whos Naomi

edit- BTW, did anyone ever play that neat Minigame after the torture scene in MGS3? What game cameo was that from?

Eva goes by Big Mama as she states in one of the trailers. She's probably anywhere between 50 and 65 I assume. And how can you not know who Naomi is? She's the one that injected Foxdie into Snake in the first place.

Regarding Liquid Ocelot, I'm pretty sure Liquid, at the end of MGS2 finally took complete control over Ocelot. But who knows what's going on there.

edit- BTW, did anyone ever play that neat Minigame after the torture scene in MGS3? What game cameo was that from?

It's not a cameo, it was a prototype for an action game from the dev team that never made it or something and was included as easter egg.

Calling Sigint right after the sequence leads to awesome convo.

It's not a cameo, it was a prototype for an action game from the dev team that never made it or something and was included as easter egg.

Calling Sigint right after the sequence leads to awesome convo.

Awesome. It was even cooler because i actually found that secret the authentic way by actually quitting to go to the movies after that part and coming back to be treated to dual blades and intestine physics