A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Character Model WIP- Roz

Aaron C-T

Rozz.PNG

Been working on this for awhile, you may remember the female one I posted on the old forum. I created a male this time (same hands =P) and attempted to clothe him. Comments and crits plz. Would type more buy ma's yelling at me about dinner.

Fuzz: Yea.. I'm not good at textures. I'm going to see what I can do about the hair though. Problem is modeling hair is hard. I've got to find a hairstyle that will make him look middle-aged, since I came seem to be able to model that very distinctly in his face.

DW: ..in a bad or good way? And do you mean design-wise or model-wise?

Wesker: I'll have to look up that THX1138 thing, I've heard of it though.. Lucas' first scifi film or something, right? >.>

Actually, he'll need hair more along the lines of Auron's from FFX or something to make him look older. I'll do a close-up of the face later.. although he doesn't really look old there either. And yes anime/rpg-esque was what I was going for. ^.^

Rozz Head.PNG

About the head.. umm. I forgot to mention that I haven't done the ears yet, but it's fairly obvious. I'll get around to them eventually. They're just a pain in the narse to model and attach. I have an ear model lying around, but it's the ear model from my first decent head model.. from around like.. October, and I had just started modeling in like August. He still doesn't look 30-40. =/

Comments and crits.

Lines by the mouth where an attempt at some kind of wrinkle. And I failed. But um, what you're thinking of are dimples.. not that it really matters. xD I'll see what I can do about the misshapen eyes, although chances are I won't add that much of a realistic shape to them. Thanks.

Edit: And for anyone who cares, I've attempted to add wrinkles to the shorter sleeve, and I'm attempting to make it less boxy. ^.^

I suppose I'll end up remodeling the face, he doesn't look anywhere as old as I want him to to, which is around 35-40. As for the body and clothing, I'll fix them up a bit but chances are I won't do a total redesign or anything, as I want to figure out how to rig the guy and whatnot.. something that will probably take me forever. Especially since I want to do it in Maya.. and I have no idea how Maya works outside of simple "Select, Rotate, Move, Scale, etc" type things. I figure if I rig it in Maya I can try and take advantage of that whole "omfb cloth sim" thing. ..Assuming I can actually rig the damned thing.