A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 3 musics relating to other songs

Since I think that everyone knows about that Michael Jackson + Sonic 3 stuff, I'll just skip about that lol.

For those who didn't know about it:

Anyway, something I found... That "GO!" from Sonic 3 sounds kinda like "GO!" in a song called "Renegade Master". Maybe it just... meh whatever.

Compare em:

Launch Base Zone:

Renegade Master:

And check attached files. Sorry I forgot who originally gave those to me.

Please don't take this too seriously, I might be wrong, easily.

Epic lulz, Great waste of time? :D

GO.wav

GO2.wav

Guest Shadix

Want something fun I noticed about a month ago?

Mystic Caves (2P):

Michael Jackson "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk

It's odd, because listening to the original I don't know why I keep making this connection, but the guitar rhythm sounds similar.

As far as yours, I'm wondering maybe they had access to the same sample sets. Don't go thinking every professional makes their own stuff. I've heard some rather surprising uses of the same sample kits.

Am I the only one who hates hearing people try to make connections between Sonic 3 music and Michael Jackson songs?

And I want someone to correct me on this, but Michael Jackson didn't actually compose the music in the game himself. His "sound team" did. Am I wrong?

Guest Shadix

Uhh Mystic Caves is Sonic 2 silly. If you actually read his post he wasn't making more MJ comparisons with Sonic 3, and mine is just a completely unrelated coincidence.

I seriously doubt Nakamura loves MJ enough to put a snippit into one of his songs...

...and whats this about Michael not making his own music? I used to think that, but I was reading up on his Off the Wall and Thriller days, all of the music back then was written by him and Quincy Jones. Now, Dangerous went and retooled his sound and made it more "sophisticated" and modern (and more groundbreaking from a technical aspect), but he most certainly has some creative input in his work, which 1, means MJ should not be associated with Sonic 3 at all or 2, that he had some involvement despite not being in the credits, because his sound team isn't enough to credit HIM.

Guest Shadix

The odd part about the Janet Jackson one is that song wasn't made until 1997, which means Janet would of jacked it if they were connected.

I dunno, Rael. The only one that I've ever really paid much attention to was, for me, the most convincing- the ending credits and the opening to Stranger in Moscow. They're sooo freaking similar. Hell, they sound almost exactly the same. It's really bizarre.

Guest Shadix

...and the funny part about Stranger in Moscow is that if the case is true, it's MJ who made the song off the credits.

Anyways, anyone check the Mystic Caves connection I found? Am I a nutjob for hearing a connection or is there something there?