A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Request] Parallax Extension (MMF2)

Spikey

Hi everybody,

are there any extension developers?

If so I'm wondering if it is possible to create an extension (parallax extension) where you can load an image and give each image's line a different scroll-value.

e. g.

soniceditor.bmp.

If it is possible I would like to be able to change the x-scroll-value and the y-scroll-value to easily create an effect like that water surface in Hydrocity Zone (Sonic 3).

Water parallax requires the scaling of a cluster of objects though the Y axis. The methods Dami used to do it don't really have anything to do with extensions. Anyway, the x=scroll value and the y-scroll value affect the speed at which your parallax sprites move in relation to the player. What you'd need to have is a method of scaling your water sprite, not of moving it in relation to the player.

I have read the other threads about how other people made or tried to make an effect like that. Using a few actives at different scroll-coefficient and scale them is not a problem. But wouldn't it be neat when you wouldn't have to use actives and just do it easily with an extension?

Unfortunatelly I'm unexperienced in programming extension - therefore this thread.

• 3 weeks later...