A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Check out Ustream.tv, its free!

Jsonic

I found out about this site through the Chris Pirillo Show, and now I'm try it out for myself. Check it out at Here

I'v also start my own ustream show, check it out Here

I sure this can be put to use for some really interesting fan game shows, eh? anyway, just wanted to let you guys here know about it if you didn't know already.

EDIT: Heres an Idea, Live Sonic Fangaming, MMF2, and GM tutorial shows.

Heh, I almost did something like this yesterday. I was on webcam chat with one of my friends the other day, but my webcam is built in to my monitor so I couldn't show them what I was doing (fangaming), so I went around looking for something that could take video from the screen. Cool.

I don't think we should use it for any kind of SAGE broadcasting. It's hard enough to manage a radio show... much less a video being played out only from the display of someone's monitor.

It's not as difficult as you claim, it's just that noone bothers to plan their damn shows out ahead of time and tries to do everything on the fly.

Tutorials like this would be better suited for podcasts though. Having them in a permanent form is more useful to the person recieving the tutorial then they would be live.

Believe it or not I had planned on these happening last year when I made a grand sagecast plan, and hopefully this year if I'm in a position of influence come SAGE planning time, I can actually implement some of these fun casting ideas I've had.

Although, I don't think it's really necessary to wait till SAGE, if I can get a cohost with a preferably decent mic (Inke :3) I would love to start a podcast up.

With Software like Webcammax, you wouldn't have to point the camera at the screen, you would be able to capture the desktop in realtime and send it out as a webcam display. Also, Ustream features a built in recording feature, so you could record the tutorials as you do them. It also has a built in IRC chat that gos with the show.

Theres many possibilities here!

Holding your breath. Don't do it.

c61b1dd64122d3547652e8c8dc7b0892.jpg

Yeah it's a pipe dream, but unless you are hinting at something, there is a chance.

I mean, I do have the required web skillset and I did do some things last year. I've also talked to Mark about potential joint ventures in the more likely case that he gets dubbed the SAGE king of '08.