A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Shuffle Voice Clips

OK, so I have done a little searching, and it appears that there is a file called ADXVOICE.MDT and it contains many (all?) voices. From what I can tell, you can open it using adXtract. It should dump the voices to ADX which can be converted to wav using a number of utilities. (Such as adx2wav.) There may be other MDT files that contain other voices, but I don't have the game so I can't tell.

Hope that this helps.

I have tried the other MDT files, but these were unsuccesful:

BGMEVT.mdt

BGMNG.mdt

BGMSYS.mdt

CMGSE.mdt

JINGLE.mdt

MINIEVT.mdt

MNGSE.mdt

According to Cube Media Player, they do have audio clips, but no ADX :(

But I can't use CMP to extract cause it crashes constantly.

Isn't there a tool that can extract any file extension from any archive?

Try getting a program called Mod Tracker. Start a new project, and import the .mdt file into it.

It should show a sound wave with a lot of static in the beginning, followed by the actual sound effect (although you may have to readjust the pitch elsewhere).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, just noticed this again. Sorry, my life got rather "complicated" shortly after I tried to fix your sound files, and I completely forgot.

Unfortunately, I don't think I was able to get anything out of it. You might try going to the S2Beta forums and seeing if they've ever hacked Sonic Shuffle; at the very least, they might be able to tell you what to do with the files you currently have.

Good luck.